MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WW2 Finnish army un-official unit cloth insignia

Article about: I am new member to forum. Here is my small contribution. Here is few examples of WW2 Finnish army unit insignia in cloth. Well known are enamelled metal badges worn by officers and soldiers,

?

Hi Aleks,

Yes, there was a patch of Detachment Törni during WW2. It is seen here at finnish KFOR A-company patch. Törni patch as blue triangle with yellow arrow thru red T = Törni. This KFOR patch was worn at Camp Törni, Kosovo. Small platoon sized unit named it´s camp after Törni. This was worn 1999 - 2000.

Rami
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Finnish army un-official unit cloth insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Finnish army un-official unit cloth insignia
    P
    Many

Quote by Rami S View Post
    Hi Aleks,

Yes, there was a patch of Detachment Törni during WW2. It is seen here at finnish KFOR A-company patch. Törni patch as blue triangle with yellow arrow thru red T = Törni. This KFOR patch was worn at Camp Törni, Kosovo. Small platoon sized unit named it´s camp after Törni. This was worn 1999 - 2000.

Rami
    Thanks!

It's suprising how the Finnish peacekeeping forces could wear Civil Guard and Törni themed patches. I thought that the government or UN would demand them to be apolitical.

Has there ever been an original M/36 or just the patch for sale, that dated to the wartime? I'm sure that there aren't many surviving examples. I wonder if Mauno Koivisto still has his uniform .

?

Virtually all finnish UN-and international-troop patches and badges are un-official and never been approved offically by supreme HQ. So, anything patches styles can be found. It is all same thing as during WW2.

I have seen one or two patches. One was attached to M36-summerblouse it is at Sotamuseo-collection.

Rami

Virtually all finnish UN-and international-troop patches and badges are un-official and never been approved offically by supreme HQ. So, anything patches styles can be found. It is all same thing as during WW2.

I have seen one or two patches. One was attached to M36-summerblouse it is at Sotamuseo-collection.

Rami
    I never knew that. Some of the patches seem a little "un-official" now that you mention it.

Did you see it at the archives or at an exhibition? I've been to the new exhibition, but it doesn't seem to have one. I'm sure that an original one would cost a fortune.

?

I saw that blouse years ago at archives, it is not at display.

I saw that blouse years ago at archives, it is not at display.
    Do you know if there are requirements to go to the archives? I'd love to see their collection.

?

Hi Aleks,

Visit was a special arrangement, they dont allow visitors.

Rami

Hi Aleks,

Visit was a special arrangement, they dont allow visitors.

Rami
    Thank you for clearing that up.

That is truly sad, since I know that their archives are quite big.

Here's a rare patch from the SA-kuva archives.

WW2 Finnish army un-official unit cloth insignia
    Railway anti-aircraft soldiers insignia.
    Kouvola, 1944.07.18

Closeup on the patch and rähinäremmimerkki. Please share photos of Finnish unit cloth insignia here, if you happen to stumble upon ones. I'm very interested in them.

WW2 Finnish army un-official unit cloth insignia WW2 Finnish army un-official unit cloth insignia

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast