Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WW2 Finnish army un-official unit cloth insignia

Article about: I am new member to forum. Here is my small contribution. Here is few examples of WW2 Finnish army unit insignia in cloth. Well known are enamelled metal badges worn by officers and soldiers,

Very nice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Finnish army un-official unit cloth insignia
    P
    Many

Default Need help to id'

Hi guys,

I need some experts opinions on this un-official Finnish army cloth insignia.
    The cloth insignia is placed on the left side of the tunic. The colours are very dark blue and red. The colours are placed in four small squares, made into a big one. This big one is placed like a diamond from a card-game at the tunic.
    The tunic is from the infantry.

Can someone help me to attach this one to a regiment/unit?

Sorry for the plastic around the mark. The tunic is sealed in a back for protection against moth and stuff. WW2 Finnish army un-official unit cloth insignia

Thanks,
    René

Quote by rene385273 View Post
    Hi guys,

I need some experts opinions on this un-official Finnish army cloth insignia.
    The cloth insignia is placed on the left side of the tunic. The colours are very dark blue and red. The colours are placed in four small squares, made into a big one. This big one is placed like a diamond from a card-game at the tunic.
    The tunic is from the infantry.

Can someone help me to attach this one to a regiment/unit?

Sorry for the plastic around the mark. The tunic is sealed in a back for protection against moth and stuff. WW2 Finnish army un-official unit cloth insignia

Thanks,
    René
    I haven't seen such a thing before. Does the uniform have collar tabs?

Thanks for asking Aleksander P.
    Yes it does. It is an infantry tunic with infantry collartabs and crossed infantry rifles at its epaulettes.

Quote by rene385273 View Post
    Thanks for asking Aleksander P.
    Yes it does. It is an infantry tunic with infantry collartabs and crossed infantry rifles at its epaulettes.
    I don't have any information on it, but there's a book made by Juha E. Tetri called "Suomen puolustusvoimien tunnuksia ja asevelimerkkejä 1941-1945" which could point out what unit this insignia belonged to. Personally I haven't been able to find a copy yet.

Thank you. And thank you for the book reference. I' hope to find an answer to this unknown finnish cloth insignia.

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    I don't have any information on it, but there's a book made by Juha E. Tetri called "Suomen puolustusvoimien tunnuksia ja asevelimerkkejä 1941-1945" which could point out what unit this insignia belonged to. Personally I haven't been able to find a copy yet.
    Hi, The patch is not illustrated in mentioned book. The patch is still mystery to me. There is still few unknown patches shown at SA-kuva images and at private collections. Someday they are (I hope) solved.

Thank you for the information regarding the book and whether it was in there or not.
    I hope these unknown cloth insignias will get solved. All of them.

Nevertheless I hope someone maybe have a clue to this unknown finnish insignia patch.

Does anyone know if JR12 "Jänkäjääkärit" had any sleeve insignia? I was watching the movie Tali-Ihantala 1944 and one officer appeared to be wearing one.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Does anyone know if JR12 "Jänkäjääkärit" had any sleeve insignia? I was watching the movie Tali-Ihantala 1944 and one officer appeared to be wearing one.
    Yes, they had an un-official sleeve insignia. I shall see if I can find it from period pictures. But just to answer your question; yes!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast