Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1000 stitch belt and a bayo question

Article about: Hi all, First I will start with my first bayo which I got today, the question I have is the strange wear underneath the frog, is this normal? it looks like someone purposely scrubbed away th

Default 1000 stitch belt and a bayo question

Hi all,
    First I will start with my first bayo which I got today, the question I have is the strange wear underneath the frog, is this normal? it looks like someone purposely scrubbed away the paint in that area on both sides, why I dont know, also the screw looks turned, is that something normal also...........secondly I was looking at some 1000 stitch belts and wondered how to look for fakes, do these look ok? The dog one looks bad but I dont know. Thank you for any help.
    John
    1000 stitch belt and a bayo question1000 stitch belt and a bayo question1000 stitch belt and a bayo question1000 stitch belt and a bayo question1000 stitch belt and a bayo question1000 stitch belt and a bayo question1000 stitch belt and a bayo question1000 stitch belt and a bayo question1000 stitch belt and a bayo question1000 stitch belt and a bayo question1000 stitch belt and a bayo question

Default Re: 1000 stitch belt and a bayo question

The bayonet looks great - frog too - just normal wear.

Don't know enough about the senninbari, but it's
    probably ok. These were hand-made
    by women.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The 1000 stitch belt in my opinion is an original looks like it has a great deal of age to it

A very nice and unusual period original sennibari.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

The Arisaka bayonet is marked as being from the Tokyo / Kokura Arsenal . You would expect to see a certain amount of wear on the scabbard beneath the frog but not to the extent shown on the posted example . It seems that someone has been fiddling with it , the screw has been tampered with and the blade looks to have been recently sharpened to halfway . The Senninbari looks good , i really like these very basic " home made " examples , look how the sun disc has been painted / dyed onto the cloth, great ! I have seen many of these with images of a tiger on them ( Tigers were renowned for always being able to find their way home from journeys afar ) and i was wondering if the image on the posted example was attempting to assimilate that , anyways i like it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks guys, and yes I was afraid the bayo was fiddled with, I dont know why someone would sand down the area under the frog, maybe the frog isnt original to the bayo and they wanted it to look worn underneath? stupid thing to do IMO, I am about done buying things off of ebay, seems nothing is original or untampered with these days, and do both sennibari's look good?? the bottom two images are a different one. Thanks again.
    John

?

Both senninbari are fine period items John .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...