Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

1942 Type L-4c Blasting Machine

Article about: Spotted this amongst a load of high end German stuff, and kind of liked it! Assume it's a type L-4c by the label, and can see the date of April 1942. Also only spotted on Sunday the Navy mar

Default 1942 Type L-4c Blasting Machine

Spotted this amongst a load of high end German stuff, and kind of liked it! Assume it's a type L-4c by the label, and can see the date of April 1942. Also only spotted on Sunday the Navy marks on the bottom, which I think are Yokosuka with the Naval inspection mark for Tokyo (according to my copy of Labar's book on bayonets!).

Am very keen to find out what the yellow paint on the side says!

Cheers,
    Tony

1942 Type L-4c Blasting Machine1942 Type L-4c Blasting Machine1942 Type L-4c Blasting Machine1942 Type L-4c Blasting Machine1942 Type L-4c Blasting Machine

101 Fabrication Department
    Acoustic Equipment
    Testxxx

The last character is mostly gone, so the word is incomplete and cannot be told whether it is a "prototype" or "test"

Hi Nick,
    Thanks for the translation. Would that be a department in the Navy do you think? As it has been accepted by the Navy I assume the painted kanji have been applied in service?
    Cheers,
    Tony

Either the Navy or Yokogawa Electrics, the manufacturer. It's no blaster, but a simple circuit tester to gauge electric resistance (Ohm values).

There was I thinking that the painted kanji would represent some kind of landing party!!! So maybe it came out of a Navy yard hence not bashed about.
    Cheers,
    Tony

Most likely from a navy tinkering workshop and used to check conductivity of speaker systems and such.

Checking out good night.

Once went on base at Subic Bay in the Philippines when the US Navy was still there - it was huge with thousands of buildings. Supporting a big fleet needs a lot of base resources, of which I guess this device was once a tiny part.