Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 Japanese swords

Article about: A friend called me up said he had to Japanese swords a NCO and a cavalry sword for sale. I told him I only wanted the NCO but after seeing them I bought both. The Cavalry sword is an arsenal

?

Default 2 Japanese swords

A friend called me up said he had to Japanese swords a NCO and a cavalry sword for sale. I told him I only wanted the NCO but after seeing them I bought both. The Cavalry sword is an arsenal reworked type 32 Army sword in just stunning condition. The NCO has the Seki logo and is a Nagoya sword produced under Kokura administration. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Japanese swords   2 Japanese swords  

2 Japanese swords   2 Japanese swords  

2 Japanese swords   2 Japanese swords  

2 Japanese swords  

?

I would have purchased them also Gary , very nice examples .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Thank you Alan I really didn't want the Cav. sword until I saw it . Both swords have been together since the end of the war and I didn't have the heart to break them up. Gary

ahhh you sentimentalist.lol nice swords.

?

Thank you Harry

?

Nice ones!

?

Great examples friend.

?

Some more info if you care to take some measurements ...

The Type 32 Army sword first series, "ko", intended for Cavalry, had a blade length of 32 3/4 inches. The second series, "otsu", for ground troops of various types, is found with the 30 1/2 inch blade.

The scabbard drags are also different. The heavier drag is found on scabbards for the otsu types as they were far more likely to come into contact with the ground.

The ko was issued to NCO and EM in Cavalry whereas the shorter otsu was issued to NCO and EM in Military Police, Transportation Corps and Master Sergeants in Infantry, Engineers and Artillery.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Thank you Gunto and Steve for looking. Stu when I get home in the morning I will measure the blade . Gary
    Last edited by RH1941; 05-18-2015 at 01:27 PM.

?

Stu I just measured the blade its 32 3/4 in . The blade is in incredible shape the vet had covered the sword in grease . Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast