Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any suggestions on where to get a WWII japanese helmet?

Article about: If you do not have excellent knowledge, Ebay is a place to avoid for any type of collectable. Any knowledgable seller will know where to go and sell a correct piece for a descent price. Ebay

Default Re: Any suggestions on where to get a WWII japanese helmet?

If you do not have excellent knowledge, Ebay is a place to avoid for any type of collectable. Any knowledgable seller will know where to go and sell a correct piece for a descent price. Ebay on the whole is a dumping place for fakes and assembled items. The Ruptured Duck and The Collectors Guild are both reliable sources for material that is genuine and not screwed with.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by dramos View Post
    Ned,

What kind of price would you put on a "worth while" helmet? I completely agree with your opinion on waiting. I would rather have a small collection of nice, desirable items than a large amount of lower end items.

-Doug
    The one above that went for less than $700 was a good buy. In that condition dealers are asking $1200+ all day. You are right what you say, less is more, take your time, save your money and always buy the best you can, even if you have to squeeze the pips, that way you'll be happy. There's nothing worse than buying stuff that a little later you look at and don't think....." yeah baby...!"
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Bob,
    My eyes have been open to the mine field that is ebay since joining the forum. i always knew that there were fake items being sold but after learning more I realized just how much fake memorabilia there actually is AND with people spending their hard earned money on.

Ned,

I have learned a lot since I began collecting and one of those lessons was to wait and save and spend your money on the good stuff. Needless to say I have spent some time upgrading but I am very glad to say it is very much worth it!

[QUOTE=dramos;786096]Bob,
    My eyes have been open to the mine field that is ebay since joining the forum. i always knew that there were fake items being sold but after learning more I realized just how much fake memorabilia there actually is AND with people spending their hard earned money on.

The reason that so much fake material is around these days is that the Internet has brought a world wide collecting audience to the hobby. Many of these newcomers have no idea that this stuff is reproduced. They are naive and trusting and are perfect targets for the thieves.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2