Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

An Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords Please Sword Number 3

Article about: Hi All, This is Number 3 Sword. At the risk of being boring, I have simply copied the original request and detail from the first thread in order to keep it simple (for me). This sword is ver

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Again Alan, The wear and tear are, to me, the only saving grace for this sword. A poor quality example but perhaps original??? This sword has certainly got me thinking!! None Japanese manufacture? Yes, why not. The fact of the matter is that I am cluless!!!
    Cheers Michael and thank you once again for your input on this subject. I'll detail a "real" Japanese sword next!! LOL

It is real and original Michael and comes from the Pacific Theatre , and has its own story to tell ! I like it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

... Oh dear, have I picked up a pig in a poke?? ...
    Hi Michael,

No, and if you check my first post I did mention theatre made and that now seems to be the consensus.

Regards,
    Stu

Yes Alan, so do I. In less than an hour this sword, in pictorial terms, has travelled the world and has gone from, in my opinion, a heap of repro crap to an interesting and, again in my opinion, quite desireable piece of interesting military history. And, all due to the time, interest and knowlede of the supporters of this Forum!!!!
    Thank you Alan and all the other people who have responded to this and my other threads
    Best wishes All Michael R

Hi Stu, A perceptive considderation on your behalf Well done to you and all!!!!!!!

Thank you, I guess I should post Sword 4 now?? Regards and best wishes Michael

?

Thank you, I guess I should post Sword 4 now?? Regards and best wishes Michael
    Yes please Michael , we love them !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

As this sword was made by craftsmen who likely did not posess the intricate workmanship of a Japanese arsenal, the reason for every loose part being numbered makes sense. Not an art sword but a very interesting locally made military sword for native troops loyal to the Japanese.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Very interesting sword, I have learned something for sure!

Hi Bob, Thank you and I agree with everything yoy say without reservation!!! Cheers Michael

Hi Douglas, Yes, you and me toooooooooo. Some brilliant people on this forum!!! Best wishes Michael

?

A similar sword is being discussed over at the Nihonto Message Board (NMB).

"A mei, a very odd/questionable Nakago, a weird mark and katakana writing."
    A mei, a very odd/questionable Nakago, a weird mark and katakana writing. - Translation Assistance - Nihonto Message Board

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast