Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Arisaka Type 30 purchase

Article about: Greetings all, I am very new to Japanese militaria and would like some opinions on this bayonet that I am considering purchasing. As should all collectors branching into new horizons, I am a

Default Arisaka Type 30 purchase

Greetings all,

I am very new to Japanese militaria and would like some opinions on this bayonet that I am considering purchasing.

As should all collectors branching into new horizons, I am always very careful in regards to items that have been or are currently being reproduced. May I ask if these bayos are scarce, as stated by the seller?

What would be a reasonable price range for this model?

An advance and grateful thanks for your time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arisaka Type 30 purchase   Arisaka Type 30 purchase  

Arisaka Type 30 purchase   Arisaka Type 30 purchase  

?

Hi Chris, this looks like a good type 30 bayonet made by Matsushita Kinzoku KK (Matsushita Metalworking Corp), under Kokura Army Arsenal supervision. It has a hooked quillon and appears to be in good condition. I would say that these are not particularly scarce or rare, some reproductions are around but mainly on eBay out of china, but this one is fine IMO.

That is my input but lets see what other members have to say.

?

Adam is right on with is assessment. The T-30 is readily available and there are at least 40-50 for sale on ebay on any given day. The one you show is in average condition and I would expect to pay no more than $75 for it.

Jim

?

Quote by Jim P View Post
    Adam is right on with is assessment. The T-30 is readily available and there are at least 40-50 for sale on ebay on any given day. The one you show is in average condition and I would expect to pay no more than $75 for it.

Jim
    I agree. Certainly not rare or even scarce.

Regards,
    Stu

Thanks gentlemen, I really appreciate your replies.

I would be looking at paying about twice that Jim. It would seem that values on these fluctuate from country to country, even though the world is increasingly interconnected; this surprises me a little. I admit I have not done tonnes of research yet, but I have been looking at ebay/gumtree sales here for a while and I think one would be lucky to grab a decent Japanese bayonet for under $100 in Australia. I will keep looking, especially on ebay.com

Cheers

Well, prices can be very different. In Europe i quess a fair price is around 100 euros - around $130. But when we start to order something from USA or Australia the price for that bayo will be even higher - bayonet - $75, shipping around $20, sometimes we also have to pay taxes (for example here 20% from the $75 plus $20 - around $20 more).