Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Army Officers Sword signed opinions needed

Article about: Hi All, I am looking to acquire my first Japanese Sword and would like to know if this one is a good honest example, I am new to the study of this style and it is a minefield out there but I

?

My own is signed (Kaneyoshi) only on the one side, and plain, undated on the other. I do wonder if there was some reason or protocol for this given how often they are dated.

UPDATE:
    Hi All,
    I finally received my sword and took some better up close pictures for review, I was surprise by the heaviness and sharpness of the blade, the blade does have some age spots but overall it is very bright and shiny, the scabbard is leather covered wood, what is the reason for wood instead of metal? late war? also the fittings are a bit loose, the pommel cap (Kabuto) wiggles as does the Tsuba, is that normal? thank you for looking and helping out on my first Japanese sword.
    Army Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions neededArmy Officers Sword signed opinions needed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2