Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Army Paratrooper Bandoleer

Article about: Took a bit of selling to purchase this! True army paratrooper bandoleer. These were unique for airborne soldiers. The integral frog & suspenders make it paratrooper model. There are a fe

?

Default Army Paratrooper Bandoleer

Took a bit of selling to purchase this! True army paratrooper bandoleer. These were unique for airborne soldiers. The integral frog & suspenders make it paratrooper model. There are a few other variations used by army & cavalry. In my 30 + yrs this is the third I've seen & few others that have had the suspenders/ shoulder straps cut off. I suspect either by the paratroopers for greater comfort in the field or by GI's off the deceased.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Paratrooper Bandoleer   Army Paratrooper Bandoleer  

Army Paratrooper Bandoleer   Army Paratrooper Bandoleer  

Army Paratrooper Bandoleer   Army Paratrooper Bandoleer  

MAP
    ?

This is sweetness Jareth!!! Very nice and excellent condition. Congrats. I know you really wanted this beauty. It will look great with your other Japanese Para equiptment!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Congrats mate, I saw it for sale, nice one.

?

? This came from another collector

very nice congrats

?

Seller from Italy?

Very nice Jareth. I've only seen two of these in person. One was in used condition but still nice with a name tag (see photos) and the other was absolutely like new but the frog and suspenders had been removed.
    Looks like yours is Nagoya marked and dated Showa 16
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Paratrooper Bandoleer   Army Paratrooper Bandoleer  

Army Paratrooper Bandoleer  

Quote by arisakadogs View Post
    ...One was in used condition but still nice with a name tag (see photos) ....
    That one is named to Taniguchi

ふろ
    ーーーーー
    谷口

Furo
    -----
    Taniguchi

I have no idea what "furo" means in this case; normally 風呂 (ふろ/furo) means bath .

--Guy

Thanks for the translation. I hoped for years that this one would one day be in my collection but alas, someone else got it.