MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Aviator's ID Book and Wings P2C Tozaka Noriyasu 登坂則康

Article about: If I'm reading his name right, it is 登坂則康 Tozaka Noriyasu born 2.14 Taisho 13 (Feb. 14, 1924), and it appears he was a Private 2nd Class radio operator in the Arm

?

Default Aviator's ID Book and Wings P2C Tozaka Noriyasu 登坂則康

If I'm reading his name right, it is 登坂則康 Tozaka Noriyasu born 2.14 Taisho 13 (Feb. 14, 1924), and it appears he was a Private 2nd Class radio operator in the Army Air Corps, "Tokai 554". Conscripted Dec. 1, 1944 (Showa 19.12.1), finished training March 17, 1944 (20.3.17) and officially designated a 無線通信手 wireless signal operator the next day. He joined his unit on the 27th, but I'm having trouble with that part and would appreciate any help my sempai can offer, I still don't understand how Japanese military structure is written out, and though I try to make my translations presentable I'm really a novice who relies heavily on dictionaries and internet.

I purchased this from a Japanese antique dealer and the wings came with it. Since it came out of Japan and P2C Tozaka got in the war rather late, hopefully he survived. I really wish I knew what sort of aircraft he served in, I can only assume something big enough to need a designated radio operator.

?

I don't think this radioman ever spent a huge amount of time in an airplane, although he might have received some training while in the air. While one page has 554 down as the unit, his history page has him starting out with Unit Chubu 130 in Dec., 1944, which is for the 1st Navigational Aid Regiment. The last unit noted is Unit 19550, which is for the 63rd Ground Air Radio Unit. I believe this unit was supposed to move to Taiwan, but there are no movement entries to Taiwan in the booklet. A nice, uncommon IJAAF booklet, you don't see many of these.

Tom

?

Thank you, Tomp, it's good to have that information. I was pleased to find an aviation related ID book.