Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

BackPack

Article about: This backpack look make for mountain or cold place, in any part look make with military materials but not have stamps, i ask for more info up it thanks Here what is write? Thanks

?

Default BackPack

This backpack look make for mountain or cold place, in any part look make with military materials but not have stamps, i ask for more info up it thanks

BackPack

BackPack

BackPack

Here is write petty officer 2nd class, mizukami or minakami. he is navy officer is that correct? thanks

BackPack

BackPack

BackPack

BackPack

BackPack

BackPack

BackPack

BackPack

?

Interesting pack, T-4, though it has the look of a post-war put-together (perhaps even a field-made piece?).
    The Petty Officer (a non-commissioned rate), name may have been on one of the components, prior to assembly.

All the best mate,
    Bob

?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Interesting pack, T-4, though it has the look of a post-war put-together (perhaps even a field-made piece?).
    The Petty Officer (a non-commissioned rate), name may have been on one of the components, prior to assembly.

All the best mate,
    Bob
    The 二曹 is rank of navy, i think this is a private purchase who was normally for Japaneses officers

?

I have a few of these backpacks. All different & variations. In my opinion they are private purchase. I have seen them in period photos being worn by navy land based troops. I also wouldn't be surprised to learn that some of them are post war.

Quote by Type4 View Post
    The 二曹 is rank of navy
    Is it or is it ? I was thinking it was , and that 工曹 was a contraction of 工兵軍曹 [Engineer Sergeant].

Was there was such a rank as 工兵軍曹?

--Guy

?

Guy one Friend of mine (Japanese ) translate this for me i not can tell nothing because i not known Japanese lenguage

Quote by Type4 View Post
    Guy one Friend of mine (Japanese ) translate this for me i not can tell nothing because i not known Japanese lenguage
    He probably has a better view, being able to see it in hand. In the photo it looks to me like a vertical line between the two horizontal lines.

--Guy

The name says (Army) Sergeant Minakami, but the item is a purely civilian postwar put-together sack that city folk had to have to take any household items like silk kimonos that survived the bombings out to the outlying farm lands or to the black markets to exchange for food. This kind of sack and canteen was a minimum requirement for any civilian housewife to survive after the war. This desperate hand to mouth foraging lifestyle was called a "Bamboo Shoot" life, as you typically lost one layer after the other of clothing every time you ate.

Women carrying such full sacks being stopped by police to check and confiscate black market goods was an everyday scene in Tokyo in the late 1940s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BackPack   BackPack  

?

Thanks Nick

?

The examples shown all have a ‘semi-professional’ look about them, with common features... I wonder if certain enterprises were cobbling various sacks together from salvaged packs and materials.

An interesting area of collecting and a fascinating, if tragic, insight into life in post-war Japan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast