Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beautiful Tiger Hinomaru flag sold

Article about: Hi All, Just had to share this one for those who didnt see it on ebay, hopefully its original because someone just shelled out a cool grand for this one, wish I was that wealthy lol enjoy!

Default Beautiful Tiger Hinomaru flag sold

Hi All,
    Just had to share this one for those who didnt see it on ebay, hopefully its original because someone just shelled out a cool grand for this one, wish I was that wealthy lol enjoy!
    Beautiful Tiger Hinomaru flag soldBeautiful Tiger Hinomaru flag sold

Default Re: Beautiful Tiger Hinomaru flag sold

Gorgeous flag-and rightly expensive...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

What is the tiger for.
    Chris

?

Very nice. Lets hope it will be taken good care of.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    What is the tiger for.
    Chris
    Inspiration to the serviceman to fight bravely and with ferocity like a Tiger,I imagine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I did see this on eBay, yesterday or the day before, in fact! I wanted it very badly but after it hit $350 I was out of the race. It's my wife's birthday today, so I have to save money so we can go out tonight. I def envy the new owner of this fine piece. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    What is the tiger for.
    Chris
    The tiger was a lucky symbol specifically regarding Japanese soldiers as tigers were traditionally believed to travel a long distance and then return. It is also a cultural symbol of courage in Japan. This dated back over a thousand years to the earliest samurai times when it was originally taken up.

The Japanese word for tiger is 'Tora'. As we all know, the signal for the attack on Pearl Harbor by Japanese aircraft was 'Tora, Tora, Tora.' It was used because it was hoped that all the crews would be courageous in battle and then return safely home from their long mission. Tigers are not indigenous to Japan, but the Chinese introduced the cult of the tiger to the Japanese through political and social interaction, the telling of legends regarding it's great power and wisdom and through trade, where bones were used for medicines and skins were highly sought after and revered by both cultures. Tigers were also thought to be effective in protecting people and places from bad and evil energies and are often seen as carvings acting as guardians outside Japanese temples.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

What an amazing flag... I hope it's real!

Never seen one before, really cool

The Japanese came in to contact with the tiger in the feudal era during expeditions to Korea. It was admired as a fierce fighter. I once saw some pictures taken at the end of the war of Zero planes in Korea that painted a tiger on their fuselage as a unit insignia.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast