Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bringback Grouping

Article about: Picked this grouping up today and would really like some help from our experts on Japanese militaria. What really drew me to this grouping is the plastic type dog tag. I've never seen one li

Quote by MAP View Post
    ... And I wonder if Matsumoto was the reciptiant or the sender. ...
    Michael,

The address would have been Matsumoto's -- it looks like he wrote down his "APO" address on the reverse of the photo.

By the way, here is the Japanese postal addressing convention:

The little square boxes are for the postal codes.

--Guy

MAP
    ?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Michael,

The address would have been Matsumoto's -- it looks like he wrote down his "APO" address on the reverse of the photo.

By the way, here is the Japanese postal addressing convention:

The little square boxes are for the postal codes.

--Guy
    Thanks Guy. The reason I asked is that the name on the tag and the name on the letter are different, which leads me to believe that if this was a vet bringback, it may have been put together and not from one person.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    ...the name on the tag and the name on the letter are different, which leads me to believe that if this was a vet bringback, it may have been put together and not from one person.
    Hi Michael,

Most certainly vets mixed and matched items that interested them -- probably each souvenir reminded the vet of a different combat location, assignment, etc.

--Guy

Crossed anchors and cherry blossom patch is found on Griffin Militaria. He lists it as "WWII Japanese Navy Leading Seaman 1st Class Rate"

The anchor looks like it could be part of a petty officer's cap badge, or an academy midshipman's badge.

image borrowed from Grifin Militaria Japanese insignia page.

--Guy

MAP
    ?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Crossed anchors and cherry blossom patch is found on Griffin Militaria. He lists it as "WWII Japanese Navy Leading Seaman 1st Class Rate"

The anchor looks like it could be part of a petty officer's cap badge, or an academy midshipman's badge.

image borrowed from Grifin Militaria Japanese insignia page.

--Guy
    Thanks Guy..You and Tom have been a big help.

Saw the Leading Seaman 1st Class Rate on Grifin as well.

But thanks for the Cap badge. didn't realize this was "part" of another emblem.

Also agree that this is a vet "mix/match". You said it better than I did.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2