Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.

Article about: Fortunately this is holding together and I now have it in a stand where it will not be damaged further. Aside from the swords and flags, of which I am most fond, I add in some other items no

?

Default Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.

Fortunately this is holding together and I now have it in a stand where it will not be damaged further. Aside from the swords and flags, of which I am most fond, I add in some other items now and then for a bit of balance or if they catch my eye. This Kutani plate dates early to mid 1900s. Not old, nor particularly valuable, but I like it none the less.

Regards,
    Stu
    Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.Broken ... but still interesting, at least to me.

This is a nice find !! and the colors are vibrant. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just in case you do not know, the seal is

九谷
    Kutani
    [9 Valleys]

--Guy

Attractive ceramic Stu.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Heck ... I didn't realize that was YOU, Stu; otherwise I would not have mentioned the seal. Of course YOU know it reads "Kutani". Sheeeeeesh.

--Guy

?

[QUOTE=ghp95134;1343795]Heck ... I didn't realize that was YOU, Stu; otherwise I would not have mentioned the seal. Of course YOU know it reads "Kutani". Sheeeeeesh.

I did, but it never hurts to get confirmation so I will thank you anyway!

Regards,
    Stu

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    This is a nice find !! and the colors are vibrant. Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry,

Indeed they are and much more so than these photos show. One of these days I'll light the plate properly and take another showing the full color.

Regards,
    Stu

?

That will make an excellent addition to the Japanese items you have shown here. Very intricate and a beautiful design.
    Semper Fi
    Phil