Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

China Medal Document

Article about: I just bought this medal document. I see it's dated April 29, 1940. Can anyone help with the recipient and the small paper?

Default China Medal Document

I just bought this medal document. I see it's dated April 29, 1940. Can anyone help with the recipient and the small paper?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture China Medal Document   China Medal Document  

The little note attests to the fact that Masaharu Yoshikawa, Navy Able Seaman was at the very front of the attack up the Jiujiang Inlet, during the China Incident. The date he received his medal, 29h April 1940, was the last date Japanese soldiers were presented medals and orders alive, as all presentations until 1945 were otherwise limited to posthumous awards to the dead.Thus no living Japanese soldier had ever won medals and orders in WW2. Only exceptions were the biannual order presentations to those receiving orders ( Sacred Treasures and Rising Suns) commensurate to their years of service and ranks thus attained. 
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 07-11-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Nick's probably using an iPhone. On the large screen I see the name as
    古川
    Furukawa / Kogawa

--Guy

Yes, Furukawa. I am on my way back to hospital from where I was released only 3 days ago. Wounds from lost 3 toes seem to got infected.

Yes, Furukawa. I am on my way back to hospital from where I was released only 3 days ago. Wounds from lost 3 toes seem to have gotten infected.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Yes, Furukawa. I am on my way back to hospital from where I was released only 3 days ago. Wounds from lost 3 toes seem to have gotten infected.
    I thought it might have been health-related but didn't want to say anything; but since you mentioned it .... Sorry to hear about the missing toes and infection. I sure hope you catch a break one of these days!

--Guy

Thank you Nick and Guy.
    Nick- Get well soon.

?

Nick , on behalf of myself and all here at WRF , i wish you well on your road to recovery .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...