Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection

Article about: Hey guys....Well, I'm really psyched over this one. It's a hand made Emura sword. Chounsai Emura was one of the best sword makers in the showa and his blades rate amond the strongest! He was

Hal
    ?

Default Re: Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection

Hi Rob, A great sword, super condition and a nice display. Regards, Hal

Thanks Hal! Glad you like it.....I'd love to hear the story behind how the sword made it's way over here. Unforutnately, these pieces can't talk!! It's nice to know at least who made it.!

Cheers man!

Rob

?

Hi Rob , the blue / brown colour on the sword knot signifies the rank of captain etc.

cheers Al

Thanks Al! I appreciate your input!! I've also gotten a couple emails confirming what you just said: company grade officer such as capt. or possibly Lieutenant.
    THanks again man!
    Cheers!
    Rob

To those who have more knowledge about these than I do (that would be pretty much everyone)...how old of a katana or whakizashi do you think one could acquire with all components intact in the the $2,500.00 range?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

With all components in tact....You can get a ww2 example for less or for more. I think a lot depends on condition and who the maker is as well as if the blade is hand made or machine made. I traded in a similar sword with a leather combat wrap that had a machine made blade. It was signed by Hirotada. It's worth about $1500....My new sword is worth considerably more because it's a well known maker who is known for manufacturing quality pieces and the blade is hand forged.
    I can't help with dating the sword you could find. You can get some considerably older pieces for less money - but I think a lot has to do with quality. The sword shown above was acquired from Paul at Lakesidetrader.com who acquired it from another mutual acquaintance who bought it at the 2007 SOS. Paul has some nice examples on his site to look at.
    This isn't a plug - just a chance to give you an idea on sword prices.
    Cheers!
    Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    With all components in tact....You can get a ww2 example for less or for more. I think a lot depends on condition and who the maker is as well as if the blade is hand made or machine made. I traded in a similar sword with a leather combat wrap that had a machine made blade. It was signed by Hirotada. It's worth about $1500....My new sword is worth considerably more because it's a well known maker who is known for manufacturing quality pieces and the blade is hand forged.
    I can't help with dating the sword you could find. You can get some considerably older pieces for less money - but I think a lot has to do with quality. The sword shown above was acquired from Paul at Lakesidetrader.com who acquired it from another mutual acquaintance who bought it at the 2007 SOS. Paul has some nice examples on his site to look at.
    This isn't a plug - just a chance to give you an idea on sword prices.
    Cheers!
    Rob

Thanks Rob, much appreciated.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2