Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cloth wound badge

Article about: Afternoon, I recently bought some IJA soldiers books and was looking through them. In one of the pre WW2 books I found this in the back pocket. I’ve done a little online research and can f

?

Nick, you star. Thank you for your perseverance. I wonder how it ended up in a pre WW2 ID book.

Appreciated

When a factory critical for the war effort could not hire workers through normal means like recruiting or employment agencies, the Minister of Welfare was invested with the power of plucking people out of their regular jobs and assigning them to factory work. Military service took precedence over production jobs, so they could be called back to military service any time until you hit the exempt age of 45. This was not part of military service, so it would not have been entered in the passbook normally.

Your man was still only 34 when the war ended, a nice age for a factory worker. So he must have been conscripted into the labor force sometime after the introduction of the patch. The regulation does not actually say it had to be sewn unto the left chest, but merely worn there. So some examples show traces of safety pin attachment and your pass holder may have used it also in such a loose way, and later put it away in the passbook.
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 06-18-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Thank you for resolving this question. I recieved this uniform with military items so i didn't do attention of it because not collecting that. So now i will take it of the uniform and put i t with the loose patches and finally a description what it is.
    Thank you for youre time and help nick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2