Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Collector Seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance. PHOTOS

Article about: Hello. I am new to this site but a long time collector of Japanese Militaria. My main interest is Japanese Inert Ordnance. Inert grenades, mortar shells, bombs, fuzes and everything related.

JCB
    ?

Default Collector Seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance. PHOTOS

Hello. I am new to this site but a long time collector of Japanese Militaria. My main interest is Japanese Inert Ordnance. Inert grenades, mortar shells, bombs, fuzes and everything related. Here is a link to a page with some pictures from the collection. I am always looking to buy! Keep me in mind.

Jim (USA)
    Thanks!
    JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com :: View topic - Collector seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance(PHOTOS)

All Items are Fully inert. I do now own or deal in live material.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collector Seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance. PHOTOS   Collector Seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance. PHOTOS  

Collector Seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance. PHOTOS   Collector Seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance. PHOTOS  

CalBear1994
    ?

Default Re: Collector Seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance. PHOTOS

What an incredible collection! What is more amazing is the condition of each of the pieces! How were you able to find such exquisite artifacts? Thanks so much for sharing! I live in Tokyo and Manila so if I come across anything you might be interested in, I will let you know.

CalBear1994

?

Hi Jim , and welcome to the forum Thanks for showing a wonderful array of Japanese ordnance , and as Calbear said in such good condition . I`d appreciate it if you could go through your pieces singularly over time , identifying them with a short description

cheers Al

JCB
    ?

Hello Calbear, Al

I have been collecting Japanese militaria for nearly 25 years now, since my teen years. 20 years of going to gunshows, auctions, militaria catalogs and now the internet. Some of the larger items have restored paint but most of the items have original finish. Thank you for the compliments. Follow the link to a site with more information about Japanese Ordnance. Here is some info about what's in those four pictures:

This is ALL Japanese Material. Everything is Empty and Inert.

Top picture: Left to right,

Navy 40mm fuze, Smoke 50mm shell, Stick grenade, Smoke-incendiary grenade, Early type 10 rifle grenade, Type 11 Incendiary-smoke grenade, Japanese 70mm Rocket, Spigot Rifle Grenade, Sigot Rifle grenade, 2 Spigot rifle grenade launchers, Improvised Grenade, Navy cluster bomb, Ceramic grenades. Forground: 58mm improvised Mortar shell, Two pistol launched (?) Possibly Japanese Grenades, Pull igniter.

2nd Picture: Left to right.

Japanese 15 kg aerial bomb, Japanese 120mm Mortar shell, Type 99 30 kg aerial bomb, Navy bomb tail, 90mm mortar shells, big 150mm artillery projectile, Ceramic mine, Various Japanese Tapemeasure mines.

3rd Picture: Left to right,

Stack of Japanese Ceramic mines, Conical Navy anti boat/anti tank mine, Large ceramic mine, Conical beach mine, Large hemispherical beach mine, Wood box mine, Yardstick mine, Magnetic mine with pouch.

4th picture: left to right.

Japanese Type 89 Smoke incendiary shell, Japanese Type 95 50mm smoke shell, Japanese Type 11 Smoke-Incendiary grenade

Thanks!
    Jim

?

this is great Jim , i really appreciate your time for the descriptions on these examples in your collection , they will help a lot for identification purposes .......Al

JCB
    ?

Default Suicide anti tank Lunge mine.

This is my favorite piece in the collection. This is a Japanese Suicide anti tank Lunge mine. This was found on Luzon, near Clark Field in the Philippines. Its ugly, its got some rust, it's got a hole but it is what it is...........enjoy.

Jim

Always looking to buy good Japanese Inert Ordnance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collector Seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance. PHOTOS  

dmilner
    ?

Good morning. I recently acquired a very nice Type 89 Mortar round. The only problem is that the owner had no idea of whether it is live or not. He has had it stored since a kid. I was a little nervous handling it. Is there a way to tell if it is live without basically carrying it out and throwing it in a field. The lower canister does screw off and the small can is missing that would have held the propellant. It looks as though the hole for the fuse or cap has been soldered over. The firing pin has been removed from the upper portion and the push style detonator is still sticking out the top. All other components are very tight as if they may not have ever been taken apart. I don't have the right tool to use. It has some really good color and all original markings are in tact. Any information you could send would be most appreciated. I have read a few stories lately of collectors finding live shells. Can't be to careful.

Darren

JCB
    ?

Darren,

If there is any question about this shell the only advice I am willing to give you is to call the police and they will remove it. I suggest making that call immediately.

J

Here is a picture of the only Japanese shell I have.

47mm Japanese Navy Hotchkiss round made on contract by Elswick Ordnance Company, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collector Seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance. PHOTOS   Collector Seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance. PHOTOS  

JCB
    ?

I have two British made Japanese Navy purchased 47mm rounds like this. One has a copper driveband the other a brass driveband. Both Projectiles are missing the base fuzes. Good stuff!

Jim