MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Combat Action photos - Battle of the Coral Sea

Article about: Hi Guys, These are the latest photos I purchased. 5 are of an attack on 2 Japanese carriers in the Battle of the Coral Sea. Wish I could I.D them? Shōhō? Shōkaku? There's a ph

?

Thanks mate. I was 50/50 on which one it was.

?

They have arrived.
    They are very large. Almost A4 size.
    Enjoy.

Cheers,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combat Action photos - Battle of the Coral Sea   Combat Action photos - Battle of the Coral Sea  

Combat Action photos - Battle of the Coral Sea   Combat Action photos - Battle of the Coral Sea  

Combat Action photos - Battle of the Coral Sea   Combat Action photos - Battle of the Coral Sea  

?

For some reason the photos loaded on their side? Could someone please correct them?

After having a close look at them you can see 3 dive bombers in the Shokako picture. Doing an S turn. There are 2 above and 1 just about to leave the shot on the left hand side. Grey blurs.
    In the Ryukaku photo you can see 1 dive bomber right above at the horizon level.

The Battle of Saipan was a battle of the Pacific campaign of World War II, fought on the island of Saipan in the Mariana Islands from 15 June to 9 July 1944. Tank smashed - June 28th.

Battle of Peleliu - September 15th to November 1944. Photo of an ammo dump on fire at Pullers ridge. No date, but probably a day or two after the battle.
    Then the tank and bomber photo must've been taken around 17th - 19th Sept, or a little later.

?

My neck is killing me after trying to read the writing.
    The are a nice size and will display well when oriented correctly..

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

ha ha, yeah sorry mate. I had made sure they were the right way up before I loaded them.
    Hopefully the mod will correct them for us?

Did you take those pictures from your iPhone and then upload them to the site? I've found when I used photos taken by my iPhone the pictures would orientate the wrong way like yours, the only fix I've found is to upload them to a computer and screenshot them (using print screen) then upload the screenshot. Great pictures by the way.

?

Yes straight from my cellphone. I put them into the computer and edited them so they were the right way up. still loaded on their side.
    I will try again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combat Action photos - Battle of the Coral Sea   Combat Action photos - Battle of the Coral Sea  

Combat Action photos - Battle of the Coral Sea  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2