Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

大東亜戦争 Dai Tō-A Sensō (The Great East Asia War)-----Day By Day

Article about: Christmas came early! This thread will be a great read!

That's exactly what I was thinking Scout. What a stunning print.
    Thanks for posting Taka-san she's a sight to behold.

Cheers and all the best

Dave

Thank you for the kind comments, Scout-san and Dave-san.

I too, wish this beautiful plane survives.

It's a very historical aircraft. Maybe someone should build a replica of her.

This is sad but true photo of her being ditched while landing at Taiwan in 1937.

大東亜戦争 Dai Tō-A Sensō (The Great East Asia War)-----Day By Day

However, she was to be restored back to an original appearance. The restoration work took 4 months to complete.

Cheers!
    Taka
    Last edited by SHINDENKAI; 01-03-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Certainly a historically significant aircraft with regards to Japan's aviation history. A replica would be quite justified for sure Taka-san.
    It certainly was the "Golden era of Aviation".

Cheers

Dave

?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking Scout. What a stunning print.

Cheers and all the best

Dave
    Thanks and I agree, a stunning print.

Ditto and indeed a sight to behold.

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Thank you for the kind comments, Sout-san and Dave-san.

I too, wish this beautiful plane survives.

It's a very historical aircraft. Maybe someone should build a replica of her.

This is sad but true photo of her being ditched while landing at Taiwan in 1937.

However, she was to be restored back to an original appearance. The restoration work took 4 months to complete.

Cheers!
    Taka
    I agree; a replica would be great to have made. Then we'd at least would have that.

Certainly a historically significant aircraft with regards to Japan's aviation history. A replica would be quite justified for sure Taka-san.
    It certainly was the "Golden era of Aviation".

Cheers

Dave
    Very significant indeed.
    No doubt much important knowledge was harvested and put to good use for Japanese aviation later on - not least during the War.

Speaking of aircraft, I always have this thought perhaps just a dream or an illusion about building a museum full of Replicated 1/1 scale WWII Warbirds. That would be a life-time fun project. They don't have to be 100% accurate, at least the shape and the bodies are good enough to let others and us know they' ve exists. If I only have the time and money......

Regards,
    Taka

?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Speaking of aircraft, I always have this thought perhaps just a dream or an illusion about building a museum full of Replicated 1/1 scale WWII Warbirds. That would be a life-time fun project. They don't have to be 100% accurate, at least the shape and the bodies are good enough to let others and us know they' ve exists. If I only have the time and money......

Regards,
    Taka
    That would be great.
    As one who visits a lot of airplane musumes, I can vouch it being quite a different experience to acutally be around the planes as opposed to just seeing pics of them.
    For one, as visitor to a Collection or museum gets a better 'feel' for the dimensions and the actual 'prescence' of the airplanes when observing them up close.

As for the 'Divine Wind' and its crew; I read that Masaaki Iinuma had a sad end. He was killed in December 1941 at Phnom Penh airfield in French Indochina when, in a daze from hearing the news of the attack on Pearl Harbor by Japanese forces, he accidentally walked into a spinning aircraft propeller.

The navigator was not spared a premature end.

Kenji Tsukagoshi disappeared over the Indian Ocean after departing from Singapore for Crimea in the prototype Tachikawa Ki-77.

Quote by Scout View Post
    As for the 'Divine Wind' and its pilot; I read that Masaaki Iinuma had a sad end. He was killed in December 1941 at Phnom Penh airfield in French Indochina when, in a daze from hearing the news of the attack on Pearl Harbor by Japanese forces, he accidentally walked into a spinning aircraft propeller.
    Yes, indeed. A tragic death...

昭和十七年 一月八日 Shouwa 17 (1942) January 8th, 1942

Allied Forces Attacks Thailand 連合軍、タイ王国都市攻撃を開始。

U.S. and British forces beginning to attack the cities of Thailand.
    Last edited by SHINDENKAI; 01-13-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Hi Taka-san,
    You missed a major point I feel.
    Japan occupies Thailand.
    "On December 8, 1941, after several hours of fighting between Thai and Japanese troops, Thailand chose to accede to Japanese demands for access through the country for Japanese forces invading Burma and Malaya."
    On December 14, 1941, a mutual offensive-defensive alliance pact between the two countries was signed. The agreement, revised on December 30, gave the Japanese full access to Thai railways, roads, airfields, naval bases, warehouses, communications systems and barracks. To facilitate greater economic cooperation."
    I've only copied and pasted this from Wiki to save time.
    No offence meant cobber.

Cheers mate

Dave

No, please don't delete post # 39.

I don't feel offended by adding facts and info on this, so don't worry Dave-san. I should thank you for writing and commenting on my threads.

You guys are more than welcome to add any fun useful info on this, at the first post I wrote " Feel free to chum in". No problem at all !

We all have the same purpose in here: Learning from each others.

Cheers!
    Taka

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast