Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

edo tsuba demon;s

Article about: hi i am new to this and am looking at my first tsuba that i quit like . they are asking \\$350 so any input would be a great help . sorry just seen this is ww2

A nice Late Edo tsuba. I am not qualified to ascribe a school to this work. My main focus of study was always blades and sukashi tsuba. Bob Haynes would be the best source I know who could give you further information on the piece. If you contact him, please say hello from me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

That is the "Japanese Thor" -- Raijin (Kaminari sama) the god of thunder and lightening. Your tsuba shows him beating on the drums creating thunder.

image source

Attachment 676310

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    A nice Late Edo tsuba. I am not qualified to ascribe a school to this work. My main focus of study was always blades and sukashi tsuba. Bob Haynes would be the best source I know who could give you further information on the piece. If you contact him, please say hello from me.
    is there any chance i seeing something of yours please

I am having difficulty posting pictures presently due to an updated program that was installed on my computer. When it gets straightened out, I will post pictures.
    BOB

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I am having difficulty posting pictures presently due to an updated program that was installed on my computer. When it gets straightened out, I will post pictures.
    Thanks well i am going to take the plunge and layaway the one from R ,haynes . boy i am just digging a hole with the collecting bug ,

?

Thanks Bob and ghp95134,
    Interesting info to clarify the theme.
    I've not dealt with Bob Haynes and so don't have any contact details unless you could be so kind as to pass them on, and i will send your wishes when i contact him.
    Cheers
    Ern

Quote by stegel View Post
    Thanks Bob and ghp95134,
    Interesting info to clarify the theme.
    I've not dealt with Bob Haynes and so don't have any contact details unless you could be so kind as to pass them on, and i will send your wishes when i contact him.
    Cheers
    Ern
    I have not seen Bob for over ten years and at the time, neither of us were involved with computers and email. Unfortunately, I can not help with contact information.
    BOB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3