Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake Late War Wooden Handle NCO Sword

Article about: Hi All, We are nearly all overwhelmed with Fake Brass and Aluminium Handled Type 95's if we go on ebay and don't set some filter out, but this one slipped into my search- The first FAKE Wood

?

Default Fake Late War Wooden Handle NCO Sword

Hi All,
    We are nearly all overwhelmed with Fake Brass and Aluminium Handled Type 95's if we go on ebay and don't set some filter out, but this one slipped into my search- The first FAKE Wooden Handle NCO i've seen on ebay, so i thought i'd share this with all of you guys.....
    Yes they are getting better at this!! This one is actually not too bad in appearance, but a closer look reveals a non genuine piece.
    This ia actually a good learning exercise for any newbies and even just those not so familiar with these swords
    Maybe some of you could post your thoughts and reasons on why this is, or perhaps isn't, a fake.
    Hope you enjoy

Fake Late War Wooden Handle NCO SwordFake Late War Wooden Handle NCO SwordFake Late War Wooden Handle NCO SwordFake Late War Wooden Handle NCO SwordFake Late War Wooden Handle NCO SwordFake Late War Wooden Handle NCO SwordFake Late War Wooden Handle NCO Sword

?

The serial number on the dragshoe is wrong.
    Is seller from China?
    A link ?

MAP
    ?

Thanks for the info

To me, it is an obvious fake but agree, they are getting better. First thing that caught my eye was the wood handle. No age / patina.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes you are both right, but there are more clues. Can anyone spot them?
    Thomas, you're correct in both assumptions, yes the seller is from china and here's the link.

S227 Military Japanese Army NCO Sword Samurai Katana with Number | eBay

In time i expect these to start selling from the U.S/UK/Canada/Australia and other good sources of genuine swords, so if the seller was from the US, how could you be sure it is real/fake? what are the other obvious (but not to all) clues?

Ern

The color of the scabbard is the usual Chinese fake green. Very easy to tell.

Also the rough construtions.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Tsuba also looks to sharp on the rim.

But sure its getting harder to spot the fakes.

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    The color of the scabbard is the usual Chinese fake green. Very easy to tell.

Also the rough construtions.

Regards,
    Taka
    Yes, if I remember correctly, my last ditch scabbard is black. I'm away so can't check.....

Michael

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

yes you are all correct, the scabbard colour does vary quite a bit on genuine examples though, but the lack of wear or patina here also is a sign(as it is all over the piece)
    Other things are also the stampings, these are also wrong and a bit crude.
    The number range shown, the blade tip is suspect, the drag, also the position of the hanger on the scabbard.
    Hope this helps some of you who might be looking at getting one for your collections.
    Ern

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes, if I remember correctly, my last ditch scabbard is black. I'm away so can't check.....

Michael

Michael

I happened to come across this thread and agree that the sword is a reproduction with numerous red flags.

Michael, I also read your post regarding the color of your "last ditch" saya (scabbard). Just so you are aware the sword shown by Ern is not the last in the series. I add this just as a learning point for those who may not realize there is a difference between late war and very late or last ditch versions.

I'll add photos of a last ditch type saya of mine so the difference can be noted.

Regards,
    Stu
    Fake Late War Wooden Handle NCO SwordFake Late War Wooden Handle NCO SwordFake Late War Wooden Handle NCO Sword

MAP
    ?

Thanks Stu!!!

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast