Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Field Modified Late War Naval Officers Cap

Article about: Hello all.I have now made the Great leap (For myself anyway...) into the world of "Soft" headgear.I just could not pass it up.Ragged and well worn it is not a pristine example howe

Default Field Modified Late War Naval Officers Cap

Hello all.I have now made the Great leap (For myself anyway...) into the world of "Soft" headgear.I just could not pass it up.Ragged and well worn it is not a pristine example however,It has a great deal of character! to me at least! It did not start its life as an officers cap but apparently this 1943 model cap named to "Moto'oka"
    Was a testament to his leadership skills. Military leadership is defined as "The process of influencing others to accomplish the mission by providing purpose, direction, and motivation. Command is the authority a person in the military service lawfully exercises over subordinates by virtue of his rank and assignment or position." The officers rank stripes were likely added in the field as from what I understand they were not of original manufacture on this type of field cap. In any case they were obviously carefully applied. Although the outcome of his service is unknown,I hope you will enjoy being able to study this example in its"Well worn" state.Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field Modified Late War Naval Officers Cap   Field Modified Late War Naval Officers Cap  

Field Modified Late War Naval Officers Cap   Field Modified Late War Naval Officers Cap  

?

Congrats! I have been kicking myself for not seeing this sooner on Dan's site! Was wondering who got it! In my opinion it's a neat officers variation. I believe caps stripes are factory applied. What's unusual is the diamond. Most of these just had ink stamps. Caps bevo insignia is correct for officers.

Thank you Jareth,In your opinion Has the extensive wear on the lower part of the anchor emblem been caused by the wear of this cap under a helmet by the front liner pad?? Regards,Geoff

?

Heres my cap. It has sweatband and the stripes are sewn the same way.
    Field Modified Late War Naval Officers CapField Modified Late War Naval Officers CapField Modified Late War Naval Officers Cap

Quote by Gunto View Post
    Heres my cap. It has sweatband and the stripes are sewn the same way.
    Just in case you weren't aware, the hat is named to:

平川
    Hirakawa

--Guy

?

Geoff that would be speculation as to what caused the wear. Your cap is extremely similar to Guntos. Your black stripes have faded & just overall wear

Hello Gunto! Very Nice cap! Perhaps this is not just an improvised Officers cap but a distinct Model Variation.Perhaps time will tell.The diamond patch is not a version I am familiar with. Regards,Geoff

?

Just a variation Geoff. Diamond labels are usually only found on officers gear such as caps & tunics

?

Here's one of my caps
    Attached Images Attached Images Field Modified Late War Naval Officers Cap  Field Modified Late War Naval Officers Cap  Field Modified Late War Naval Officers Cap 

Beautiful cap Jareth! Thanks for the pics! Any Idea when they stopped adding the vent holes? Regards,Geoff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast