Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flag find, any clues?

Article about: Way out of my depth here, passable pic from seller, "Grandpa picked it up some island", "Peruvian" he then said, but must be thinking of some other name and got it mixed

Default Flag find, any clues?

Way out of my depth here, passable pic from seller, "Grandpa picked it up on some island", "Peruvian" he then said, but must be thinking of some other name and got it mixed up. Does that ring in itself any bells?

Flag find, any clues?

its a Japanese flag and its around the wrong way , rotate it and someone might translate for you , i cant help with authenticity , but these usually are writings from Japanese soldiers

This way, I take it?

Also a poorly shot detail of something (people and their cell phone pics...), a maker's logo?

Flag find, any clues?

Flag find, any clues?

Well...I can say, with total certainty that it Definitely was not taken at Peru, for what it's worth! lol But, seriously it could be any number of "similar" named battles that it came from. I'd suggest, for a start, to take a look through the list of Japanese Battles of WWII and see if anything sounds correct. The Battle of Peleliu, comes to immediate mind, but who knows? It's pronounced "pell-li-loo", so it could conceivably be heard as "Peru". A nice flag, at any rate!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...nvolving_Japan
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thx Wagriff, might be on the right track there. I think he said "Peruvian Islands Battle". Good Lord that's a lot of battles! Wikipedia is quite wonderful. Thx for the link, I just read through the battle of Tenaru, I might just have to get more interested in this part of the war, fascinating stuff!

?

It dosnt look it was a japanese person who wrote on the flag.
    I say its a fake.

I was wondering about that, the lettering is somewhat strange? It looks really old though and looks to have dried blood on it in the middle. Do people from different parts of Japan or outer islands write differently the way people from different parts of a country have different dialects?

Quote by Gunto View Post
    It dosnt look it was a japanese person who wrote on the flag.
    I say its a fake.
    I agree. It appears that all was written in the same hand and much of it is giberish.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I think its made by US troops to sell to other US troops.

Ok, guys, good to know, thx. Sometimes it's best not to venture outside one's comfort zone... But when you do, well, that's what makes this forum such a great resource, as well as a place to be.

Thx all for your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast