MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Flag ID help

Article about: Can anyone help me ID this flag. All I know about it is that my grandfather brought it home with him from WW2. As with most WW2 vets, He never really talked about where he got it, how he got

?

Default Flag ID help

Can anyone help me ID this flag. All I know about it is that my grandfather brought it home with him from WW2. As with most WW2 vets, He never really talked about where he got it, how he got it or anything related to the war. Rumor was he got it off a boat but i thought navy rising suns were offset on the flags. Obviously it's the rising sun but not sure about the symbol on the flag itself. Any help would be great.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flag ID help   Flag ID help  

Last edited by rbminis; 06-16-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Japanese navy related I would think, though I can't say with any real certainty. An interesting thing to have from your relative.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I think it is linked to a veterans association. I would get better response if it was moved to the Japanese section of the forum. It's a nice flag.

Steve.

?

new to the site and didnt know there was a Japanese section. I'll try to move it there

?

Quote by Bradak View Post
    new to the site and didnt know there was a Japanese section. I'll try to move it there
    Hidden away in German Militaria, sub forum Axis Militaria, I don't think you can move it, one of the Administrators will move it when they see the post.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    I think it is linked to a veterans association. I would get better response if it was moved to the Japanese section of the forum. It's a nice flag.

Steve.
    Done.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It looks like a veteran's association flag. It has the veteran's league time expired badge in the upper corner (star and anchor emblem). The small white patch in the lower corner normally has chapter name and/or information written in kanji on it.

MichaelB

Quote by MichaelB View Post
    It looks like a veteran's association flag. It has the veteran's league time expired badge in the upper corner (star and anchor emblem). The small white patch in the lower corner normally has chapter name and/or information written in kanji on it.

MichaelB
    I agree with Michael.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks guys. This flag means the world to me. I saw it for the first time when I was just a little boy and now 40 years later My kids got it framed for Father's Day for me. My wife asked me what I thought it was worth and I told her to me it's priceless. Always was curious of the history though.

Hey Bradak,Welcome to the forum,Nice flag That's what I call a Fathers Day present! Beats the heck out of a drill or tie! Regards,Geoff