MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Good luck flag of Corporal Tetsuo Aihara

Article about: I bought this flag from a dealer. I liked it because it has both sides the US and the Japanese. I had a friend of a friend translate it for me. Nothing fancy.The one problem I have with it i

Default Re: Good luck flag of Corporal Tetsuo Aihara

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Dan it may be awhile my furnace tried to kill me and the family the other night. (Thank god for carbon monoxide alarms ) So now I just paid for a new furnace and a friend just sold me a M1 Garand bayonet so I'm out of money for awhile.
    Blimey! Glad your ok though mate & celebrated your near miss by getting a M1 Garand Bayonet

When the time comes...... show us the pic!
    Cheers
    Dan

Hi Gary,
    Very nice flag i dont think you will disrespect either soldier in hanging it the right way, but as Dan has pointed out it would be better hung as a banner. It can then be read clearly, I love the battle flags, i have one in my war room ( Japanese) they have great history and should be protected.
    dave.

?

Dan if your talking about the M1 Garand Bayonet I posted it if your talking about the flag as soon as I get it done I will post it. Dave I agree these flags should be protected. Gary

Hydro101
    ?

I completely concur with Dan's suggestion as to how to hang it. Very interesting that you have bboth the name of the Japanse soldier/marine and the US Marine who presumably captured or found it....
    I've heard some Japanese families will pay quite a bit to get back family heirlooms. This is not quite the same as, say, a katana (samurai sword) that had been in the family for a couple generations, but still....you might consider attempting to trace Cpl Tetsuo's family.
    I have a similar flag, but it has no writing. Will post a pic; I'd be interested if anyone could tell me if its authentic.

Regards,
    hydro101

Hi RH, great flag, you know you can buy those prefab kits to frame any size. They are clear plexi glass on both sides. They are sold at Hobby Lobby for about $20. Not the highest quality, but at least it will protect it, and get it flattened out until you can recoup your expenditures and get a nicer frame. Just a thought.

Take care,
    Jay

?

Hydro I did try to search for Corp. Aihara with no luck. If I did find his family, and found out that Aihara was killed in the war, and the family wanted the flag back. I would send them the flag. I believe that they would have more of a right to the flag then me. Jay thanks for the advice never heard of a hobby lobby around my area. I will have to look in my local hobby shops. Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2