Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hachimaki with potential?

Article about: Hi everyone! I came across this headband at a local dealer and with the information I know about these(minefield), this one might, just might have some potential. However, it can just be asw

?

Excellent photo Nick, haven’t seen that one before!

Regards

Russ

?

Interesting photo', can you tell me why the coverall is wrapped right over left, I thought the pic' had been reversed at first sight.

Quote by DaveR View Post
    Interesting photo', can you tell me why the coverall is wrapped right over left, I thought the pic' had been reversed at first sight.
    They are wearing 割烹着 Kappōgi, a kitchen cooking apron with V-neck. The kanji on their sashes is correct; image is not reversed.

--Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hachimaki with potential?  

From the photo, I cannot see that it is being worn right over left, but if so, that is the correct way to wear a kimono. Actually these Kappougi or kitchen smocks are traditionally without any wrap-over front, but have open backs with tie-strings like a hospital gown like in the photo below.

Traditional Kimono must always be worn with the right-side panel wrapping around the left. The only exception being the white death gown put on the deceased for funerals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hachimaki with potential?  

?

It was the sashes over the apron that confused me. Right over left? It's the same for men and women, so I am told by my kimono club. Hachimaki with potential?

My guess it it depended on which branch you were a member of.

--Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hachimaki with potential?   Hachimaki with potential?  

?

Interesting information, thanks! And yet again, thanks to Nick!

I just saw that this headband was actually sold... for quite some money. I wonder what the buyer will think when they see this topic.. oops.

?

They won't see this

So I'll also add the photos to the Kamikaze headband thread to give warning to future prospective buyers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2