Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help on helmet cover

Article about: Can anyone please attempt translation on this ink stamp on interior of helmet cover? These are best photos I have. Thanks

?

Default Help on helmet cover

Can anyone please attempt translation on this ink stamp on interior of helmet cover? These are best photos I have. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on helmet cover   Help on helmet cover  

Sorry, I can't make them out. I see 上 it the top photo (1st kanji), and what looks like 通 in the second photo (middle kanji).

--Guy

?

Thanks for attempting Guy. I appreciate your help

What I can make out today -- using color enhancement -- is the following:
    上*通*
    The second kanji has sort of a shape to the left side of it.

After looking around Google Image for a while, I found something very interesting! Is this your helmet?

Now, the site I linked above has the very same photo you posted, note the watermark:

So .... after looking at the painted kanji (plus the number 9) on the rim, and the supplier/inspector stamp on the cover liner (plus the number 9 next to the stamp) .... I think the supplier/inspector stamp MIGHT/COULD/MAYBE/PERHAPS be:
    上衣通*

OR ... it just might be coincidence.

I just cannot make out that last kanji! It does not look like which is often the last kanji of a supplier's stamp.

--Guy

?

Thanks again Guy. I am considering the helmet BUT at the moment it is still priced too high in my opinion. Trying to find a reason to take the plunge. Dealer won't budge on price

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    What I can make out today -- using color enhancement -- is the following:
    上*通*
    The second kanji has sort of a shape to the left side of it.

After looking around Google Image for a while, I found something very interesting! Is this your helmet?

Now, the site I linked above has the very same photo you posted, note the watermark:

So .... after looking at the painted kanji (plus the number 9) on the rim, and the supplier/inspector stamp on the cover liner (plus the number 9 next to the stamp) .... I think the supplier/inspector stamp MIGHT/COULD/MAYBE/PERHAPS be:
    上衣通*

OR ... it just might be coincidence.

I just cannot make out that last kanji! It does not look like which is often the last kanji of a supplier's stamp.

--Guy

通用?

Quote by bangbangsan View Post

通用?
    Hi Bang!

No, I don't think so; the stamp kanji looks complicated -- perhaps with a "moon" or "ear" radical?

Thanks!
    --Guy

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Hi Bang!

No, I don't think so; the stamp kanji looks complicated -- perhaps with a "moon" or "ear" radical?

Thanks!
    --Guy
    “助”?