Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help ID, authenticity of Samuri Scabbard

Article about: Hi. I recently found a,suspected WW2 Era Japanese Army Samuri Scabbard. The person I got it from claimed to getting the Samuri sword and scabbard from a WW2 Vet. He stated that the sword and

?

Default Help ID, authenticity of Samuri Scabbard

Hi. I recently found a,suspected WW2 Era Japanese Army Samuri Scabbard. The person I got it from claimed to getting the Samuri sword and scabbard from a WW2 Vet. He stated that the sword and scabbard was caked in casmoline and the Scabbord still has that smell on the inside. For some reason, this person canabalized the sword for parts but was just getting rid of the scabbard. I have been trying to search the forum for similar scabbards and hardware.
    If I can get any input as to this scabbard s authenticity and identification, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Help ID, authenticity of Samuri ScabbardHelp ID, authenticity of Samuri ScabbardHelp ID, authenticity of Samuri ScabbardHelp ID, authenticity of Samuri Scabbard[ATTACH=CONFIG]937549
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help ID, authenticity of Samuri Scabbard  

?

Nothing to do with Samurai but it is for a WW2 IJA Officer sword. Have a look here ...

The wartime type Gunto for army officers 1943 (Type 3 GuntM)

Regards,
    Stu

?

Stu.. Thanks a lot.. Very interesting.. The guy , I got it from, said he got it 40 years ago.. he just wanted the blade...and he has the handle around the house somewhere.. and if he finds it, he will give me a call... oh..well!