Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifiying japanese wwii sword

Article about: Acquired this sword recently and having trouble determining if it is real or fake. It appears to be a Japanese SHIN-GUNTO type sword. But marking for manufacture is not like the ones i have

nooneco
    ?

Default Help identifiying japanese wwii sword

Acquired this sword recently and having trouble determining if it is real or fake. It appears to be a Japanese SHIN-GUNTO type sword. But marking for manufacture is not like the ones i have seen prior. Any help appreciated. If you need a better picture of something, let me know. The para-cord is not original.

Help identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii swordHelp identifiying japanese wwii sword

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I have moved your thread to the correct area where you will most likely receive the answers that you are looking for.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Fake sword made in china!

Gunto is right..these things have been plaguing ebay for some time now, if you can,get your money back

There is no reason to ever dismantle a NCO sword. The Chinese fakes can be easily determined when examined in hand.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello Nooneco,Welcome! This is a good place to learn about Japanese swords and other militaria if you are interested.Some advice from a collector who has made mistakes in the past.If you have an interest in a particular item study the item and become familiar with the standardized characteristics of that particular item and the key features that make it what it is. In doing so you will be much less likely to fall victim to a fake. There are many very knowledgeable people who can help you learn. and a little extra time and effort especially guided by those who have extensive knowledge can save you a lot of hard earned money and make this hobby very gratifying and educational.Best of luck and happy hunting! Geoff

?

Hello,

What you have acquired is indeed a Chinese made reproduction of a Japanese Army Type 95 NCO sword. If you wish to learn how it differs from an authentic piece have a look here ...

IJA Type 95 NCO Sword Info

Regards,
    Stu