Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identify knives and translations

Article about: It would be appreciated if I can get help identifying these suspected WW2 Japanese “Tanto”, “Seppuku” or Suicide knife? And if you have any other information, thoughts or ideas as to what th

?

Default Help Identify knives and translations

It would be appreciated if I can get help identifying these suspected WW2 Japanese “Tanto”, “Seppuku” or Suicide knife?
    And if you have any other information, thoughts or ideas as to what they are it would be greatly appreciated.
    Also there are inscriptions on each of the blades and on one of the wooden sheaths. It would also be appreciated if I could get translations for each.

Help Identify knives and translationsHelp Identify knives and translationsHelp Identify knives and translationsHelp Identify knives and translationsHelp Identify knives and translationsHelp Identify knives and translationsHelp Identify knives and translationsHelp Identify knives and translationsHelp Identify knives and translationsHelp Identify knives and translationsHelp Identify knives and translations

These are mundane household knives for sharpening pencils and light woodwork. Totally civilian items, as common as chopsticks and screwdrivers. Seppuku? You are joking. Every school kid had them till the 1960s or so. Nothing worth translating on them, but commercial brand names.

?

Thank you for your response and information. Except for your sarcasm.

Sorry, but Seppuku and Suicide just was too ridiculous and childish to bear with a straight face. Whole population of Japan would be dead hadn't they switched to the rotating pencil sharpeners.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identify knives and translations  

?

Still an interesting collectable to my mind. Anyone got an idea of where I can get one at a sensible price, or a search term I can use on Fleabay?

?

Can anyone assist on the translation and the approximate age?

Look under DIY at Amazon. Here is a nice one. Amazon | 角利 ミニ繰小刀 | 小刀・切出し

Video showing how they are still made today.
    At the end, they show how easily they make the handle and scabbard, which I found surprising.
    Also see how they hammer on a small slab of blade steel unto the mid section of the long slab, which they later cut in half at the middle so the center slab forms the blade in the end, meaning they get two knife blades out of a single long slab.