Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with translation of Sake Bottle and Cup along with mystery document

Article about: I've recently acquired another couple of pieces in the fascinating world of Japanese sake cups and bottles. I am hoping someone can aid me in telling what these inscriptions mean. (The front

Default Help with translation of Sake Bottle and Cup along with mystery document

I've recently acquired another couple of pieces in the fascinating world of Japanese sake cups and bottles. I am hoping someone can aid me in telling what these inscriptions mean. (The front of the sake bottle has one of the characters a bit worn so I don't know if it's even possible to tell what it says. However, the back looks quite a bit better.)

Also, I acquired the bottle from a collector who had a Japanese paper document that I picked up as well. I've looked about on the internet but cannot find a match for this document. I was hoping that it was from the 1930's or WW2, but I honestly don't know the period or even what it is. If anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with translation of Sake Bottle and Cup along with mystery document   Help with translation of Sake Bottle and Cup along with mystery document  

Help with translation of Sake Bottle and Cup along with mystery document   Help with translation of Sake Bottle and Cup along with mystery document  

Help with translation of Sake Bottle and Cup along with mystery document  

The cup can be dated between 1901 and 1912, due to the wording on the cup reading "The Chin Empire Tianjin Garrison Infantry". Here they are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japane..._Garrison_Army

The paper is a flyer ad for savings bonds that went on sale commemorating the year 2600 (1940).

The bottle celebrates honorable discharge from the 24th Infantry Regiment.

Thank you so very much for the information.