Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help Wanted: Where to find NCO shin-gunto, Brass Tsuka/Handle

Article about: Sir, What you have there is not an NCO sword but in fact a late-war officer sword that was likely fabricated either in 1944 or 1945. Based on Dawson's research on these swords, I have come l

Default Help Wanted: Where to find NCO shin-gunto, Brass Tsuka/Handle

All,

I'm in serach of a Japanese WWII NCO Shin-Gunto sword with the original brass tsuka. These are extremely rare so i'm looking for any help I can get in finding one. Can anyone recommend a good antique / sword dealer who might be able to help me procure one?

?

Default Re: Help Wanted: Where to find NCO shin-gunto, Brass Tsuka/Handle

Hi Don,

Speaking frankly, Good Luck!

These are now few and far between as you know. I suggest that you closely monitor EBay. When those already in the hands of collectors do change ownership it's usually through networks established over time.

Regards,
    Stu

Yes, you are quite correct in that these are extremely hard to find. I figured I would throw that out here on this forum and get lucky

?

The line forms here ... LOL!

The problem now is that when they come along it's usually at prices that parallel those of good gendaito.

I will keep you in mind though when I come across two minty examples as I only want one.

Regards,
    Stu

Stu,

If you have time go on ebay and look at a copper handled version listed. "Rare WW2 Japanese NCO sword #4042 copper handle katana" is the listing title. Looks fishy to me, likely an authentic copper handle with a couple of other sword parts patched together. The Tsuba doesn't match the period at all. Let me know what your analysis is.

Don
    "

?

Hi Don,

I've checked all over ... can't find the listing. Can you provide a link or listing number?

Regards,
    Stu

Rare WW2 Japanese NCO sword #4042 copper handle katana

Item number:151056865092

?

Hi Don,

That sword is not one for my collection. Appears to me to be a parts piece at best and I'm not even satisfied that the parts are all authentic.

Regards,
    Stu

That was my amateur analysis as well, I wanted to know what your thoughts were. Looks like there are some original pieces on a Frankestein sword at best.

?

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum but I think I have the sword you are looking for. I am not sure I want to sell it but I am very interested in finding out more about it. It was passed down to me from my grandfather and has been in a closet for over 50 years. I have the sword and a silk Japanese flag that my gpa acquired from a Japanese soldier. I have attached some pics for you to look at. Let me know what you think and what you can tell me about it. Not sure if my pictures attached correctly. Let me know

Help Wanted:  Where to find NCO shin-gunto, Brass Tsuka/HandleHelp Wanted:  Where to find NCO shin-gunto, Brass Tsuka/HandleHelp Wanted:  Where to find NCO shin-gunto, Brass Tsuka/HandleHelp Wanted:  Where to find NCO shin-gunto, Brass Tsuka/HandleHelp Wanted:  Where to find NCO shin-gunto, Brass Tsuka/HandleHelp Wanted:  Where to find NCO shin-gunto, Brass Tsuka/Handle

Thank you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast