Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hinomaru Yosegaki for opinions

Article about: Still looking for the right Hinomaru Yosegaki to add to my collection and just came across this one. What struck me here is the style of writing, which to me looks more rounded and "sof

Default Hinomaru Yosegaki for opinions

Still looking for the right Hinomaru Yosegaki to add to my collection and just came across this one. What struck me here is the style of writing, which to me looks more rounded and "soft" compared to what I usually see... also a first for me seeing the repeated lettering/pattern going around the red sun itself. A bit unusual construction too? Appears the red sun is sewn on rather than printed on, like I usually see. Not an expert or very experienced with these so open to all opinions---

Hinomaru Yosegaki for opinions

Nice! A thousand loyalties, I suppose!! (^__^)

Chū
    loyalty; devotion; fidelity; faithfulness;

Thanks for chiming in! It's kind of starting to grow on me too --- I think this is the first time I've seen one of these with a sewn on sun roundel... nice to know it's a good one!

?

A real nice one looker !! I like the material , construction and patina . I haven't seen one set out in this format before , but that is part of the beauty of these very personal items .....no two are the same .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

I've come to like it a lot too, Alan --- so much in fact that, with invaluable help from my friend and valued warrelics member Greenhorn, I am in the process of adding this one as a first to my collection