Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Horse flag.

Article about: Hi all, Thought i'd share this flag with you all. Lots of interesting stuff on this one. I quite like the horse drawing and the MP signatures. I hope you enjoy looking at it. Thanks.

Default Horse flag.

Hi all,
    Thought i'd share this flag with you all. Lots of interesting stuff on this one. I quite like the horse drawing and the MP signatures. I hope you enjoy looking at it. Thanks.

Horse flag.
    Horse flag.
    Horse flag.
    Horse flag.
    Horse flag.
    Horse flag.

That is a beautiful flag, friend...a keeper for sure! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous example with us!
    cheers, Glenn

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Very Nice! I am just curious was the removed area to eliminate an individuals name? Regards,Geoff

Geoff-
    My guess is that the name was removed by cutting it out. I have seen this as well as sewing a piece of cloth over a name (although, when you hold the flag up to the light, the name can still be seen/read). I also have another flag that I'll try and find and post here that shows a piece of cloth sewn over an individual's first name, while the last name remains. They then inked in a different first name on the sewn piece of cloth. I'm not sure why this was done other than they may not have wanted to blot or cross out an incorrect name in ink. If you think about it, there seem to be very few "mistakes" noted on good luck flags that are painted or blotted out.
    I have also seen a few other flags with horse artwork on them similar to Grimnar's- a popular art theme! Very nice!!

MichaelB

Thanks folks for all your comments.

I really like this flag, even with the cutout piece.

Mike, your explanation makes a fair bit of sense so thanks for that. Personally I was thinking it was a blank bit of fabric that was removed to use as something like a label etc. A bit of a mystery anyway.

Regards
    Matt
    Horse flag.

Default Horse Flag

Hi Matt-
    Your explanation might just be right. Why the material was removed is conjecture, but the flag is beautiful just as it is.

Cheers

MichaelB