Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying this Japanese military sword!

Article about: Hi! I am new to this forum and found this place through google while searching regarding Japanese military swords. One of my friend was given this Japanese military sword from his uncle that

seraphan
    ?

Default Identifying this Japanese military sword!

Hi! I am new to this forum and found this place through google while searching regarding Japanese military swords.

One of my friend was given this Japanese military sword from his uncle that recently passed away.
    Based on some basic checking this should be a military sword as there seems to be a number on the blade but what puzzle me is that there is a jade too and a piece of paper hidden in it. Anyway ill upload all the photo that i have and hope that someone recognize what is it. Thanks
    Identifying this Japanese military sword!Identifying this Japanese military sword!Identifying this Japanese military sword!Identifying this Japanese military sword!Identifying this Japanese military sword!Identifying this Japanese military sword!Identifying this Japanese military sword!Identifying this Japanese military sword!

Default Re: Identifying this Japanese military sword!

Can't tell exactly what you have, as the background melds
    into the knife/sword, but at least some of what is there
    resembles a Navy 'diver's knife' ( pic #2 ) with the
    large threads. The rest is possibly a souvenir
    type sword.........
    Regards,

Steve.

seraphan
    ?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Can't tell exactly what you have, as the background melds
    into the knife/sword, but at least some of what is there
    resembles a Navy 'diver's knife' ( pic #2 ) with the
    large threads. The rest is possibly a souvenir
    type sword.........
    Pic#2 is the end cap actually and after removing it there a cloth paper in the handle. The other end of the handle can also be unscrewed to reveal the jade. All the rest of the knife are actually a set as the scabbard has slots for all of those. Also the scabbard is abit like leather or cloth... one part of it actually kinda broked due to the bad condition...

?

The casting of the handle, and the working on the blade looks very crude ...
    I would be surprised if these had passed the strict Japanese inspections.... But hopefully a full ID will comeforth.

Gary J.

?

Hi and welcome to the forum , your friends artifact is not a Japanese military sword . I believe it to be a chinese religious keepsake and good luck charm . It is based on the Taoist concept of Fu Lu Shou which is the basis of most Chinese cultures . Fu Lu Shou are seen as three stars ( as seen on the blade of the knife ) , Fu refers to the planet Jupiter and represents good luck , Lu refers to Ursa Majoris and represents prosperity , and Shou refers to Canopus and represents longevity . Also the Chinese believe Jade to be a very strong good luck charm .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...