Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

IJA Cap

Article about: Thought i'd share this with everyone. It is what i believe to be a warrant officers cap in the Imperial guards. I bought it a few years ago now, as it caught my eye at the time and i fancied

?

Hi again Ern , I have been doing a bit of research on the badge and what i have found is that apparently from 1905 when khaki uniforms were adopted by the IJA , the Guard infantry wore the basic uniform in the field and the cap was worn with "either" a chrysanthemum or a star in a wreath .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

MAP
    ?

Interesting thread guys. My thoughts are only a guess so won't comment..but looking to see how this plays out.

Lucky you Wizardman. There is an outside chance I will be there in Nov...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Im lucky i get to travel quite a bit, Map if you do make it,ill be there late November to mid December

MAP
    ?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Im lucky i get to travel quite a bit, Map if you do make it,ill be there late November to mid December
    Visit my in-laws each year in HK last two weeks of Nov and then I take my family on a little side vacation. This year it may be Japan or Vietnam....we will see and let you know.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I'm interested in any comments/thoughts Map, so feel free to make a comment!
    Alan, i'd like to know more on your findings regarding the 'chrysanthemum' or a star in a wreath.
    I tried to look on the web, but haven't found anything like that.
    Thanks again
    Ern

MAP
    ?

Quote by stegel View Post
    I'm interested in any comments/thoughts Map, so feel free to make a comment!
    Alan, i'd like to know more on your findings regarding the 'chrysanthemum' or a star in a wreath.
    I tried to look on the web, but haven't found anything like that.
    Thanks again
    Ern
    I'm with Wizardman on this. Legit cap with postwar applied insignia probably by the vet. In particular, the rank insignia. Not sure about the other two.

Thats about as far as my knowledge goes........

Michael

?

Hi Ern , i think we are all of the same opinion that the rank tabs have been applied to the cap as a type of service memorial . Concerning the Imperial Guards emblem , if you scroll down the page of the linked page to "other items " and then to the Imperial Guards section and see the last sentence .
    cheers Al

Uniforms of the Imperial Japanese Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2