Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IJA Medical Supplies

Article about: Have just acquired these IJA medical items but am finding it difficult in finding out what each one is. Can anyone help me put a name to each one. Many thanks in advance, Cheers, Robert

Default IJA Medical Supplies

Have just acquired these IJA medical items but am finding it difficult in finding out what each one is. Can anyone help me put a name to each one.

Many thanks in advance,
    Cheers,
    Robert

IJA Medical SuppliesIJA Medical SuppliesIJA Medical SuppliesIJA Medical SuppliesIJA Medical SuppliesIJA Medical SuppliesIJA Medical SuppliesIJA Medical SuppliesIJA Medical SuppliesIJA Medical Supplies

mabull23
    ?

Hi,
    I help for you
    no. 19 - camphor oil. It is information that purchased for the Army

#20 .

Sounds like a "Dr. Pepper-upper" to me.

安ナカ液
    Yasu naka Zai
    Yasu [peaceful] naka [throughout] Solution

安ナカ液。安息香酸ナトリウムカフェイン
    Yasunaka Eki. Sodium benzoate caffeine

Just because I like doing this:

安息香酸
    Benzoic acid

ナトリウム
    sodium

カフェイン
    caffeine

[sometimes "text glossing" works]

It looks like a substitute amphetamine:

Quote by wiki
    In Japan, methamphetamine seizures are usually white crystals of high purity, but contain impurities that vary according to the means of production, and are sometimes adulterated.

Diagnostic impurities are the naphthalenes 1-benzyl-methylnaphthalene and 1,3-dimethyl-2-phenylnaphthalene,[86] arising in the Nagai and Leuckart routes, and cis- or trans- 1,2-dimethyl-3-phenylaziridine, ephedrine, or erythro-3,4-dimethyl- 5-phenyloxazolidine, arising in the Nagai and Emde routes; these are absent in the reductive amination route.[76] Characteristic impurities of the Birch route include N-methyl-1-(1-(1,4-cyclohexadienyl))-2-propanamine.[92] Methamphetamine produced by the Birch route contains phenyl-2-propanone, the precursor for the reductive amination route, as a degradation product.[86] However, specific diagnostic impurities are not very reliable in practice, and it is generally preferable for forensic technicians to evaluate a larger profile of trace compounds.[73]

A common adulterant is dimethyl sulfone, a solvent and cosmetic base without known effect on the nervous system; other adulterants include dimethylamphetamine HCl, ephedrine HCl, sodium thiosulfate, sodium chloride, sodium glutamate, and a mixture of caffeine with sodium benzoate.

Wiki Source

Don't know if I've misunderstood or not. But this is the best I can do for now.

--Guy
    Last edited by ghp95134; 01-26-2016 at 08:10 PM.

カンフル液
    Kanfuru-zai
    Camphor Solution

--Guy

昇汞錠
    Mercuric chloride tablets

滅菌カンフル液
    Sterilization camphor solution

錠薈蘆
    Aloe tablets

--Guy

How many translations do you need for the same thing? IJA Medical Supplies - ID Request - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Like the comment from "imperial japan" , I also never even got a thank you for researching and responding to your request on the 3 armed compass a few months ago. Honestly, if you do not think the information you get from us is even worth an acknowledgement, why should we bother to take our time researching for you to answer them?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    How many translations do you need for the same thing? IJA Medical Supplies - ID Request - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Like the comment from "imperial japan" , I also never even got a thank you for researching and responding to your request on the 3 armed compass a few months ago. Honestly, if you do not think the information you get from us is even worth an acknowledgement, why should we bother to take our time researching for you to answer them?
    Nick-
    Truer words have never been spoken. It becomes very frustrating whe you take time to research and respond to a thread to never receive any gratitude from the poster. Some people feel they are "owed" a response.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by nick komiya View Post

Hi Nick,

It is very unusual for me to overlook thanking somebody for their assistance. If I have ever overlooked thanking you then forgive me as it wasn't intentional.

Now as to the duplication of requests on different forums please understand that my request here was back at the beginning of Sept 2015 and the first response was 4 months latter. Dec/Jan I was in Bougainville with no internet and since I got back this is my first time back on this site.

And just in case you might think that I just request information and not offer it then check out my posts on BOCN and the Japanese Forum on Gunboards where I am mostly active.

Many thanks for your understanding.
    Robert

Many thanks to those that responded to this post with such interesting information.

I was at the time back in September last year, when I originally made the request, busy researching information information on items in my collection so as to freely contribute to a book by collectors for collectors called Japan at War by Russ Arendall. Nick was also very much involved with the same book, which should be published sometime this year.

I cast my net wide while researching so as to ensure that I left nothing important out. I initially posted this request here and as there were no immediate responses I went else where and have only just now come back to visit. Little did I know that there would be a flurry of responses nearly 4 months after my initial post.

As you can see my standard practice when making requests is to thank in advance, which you can see that I have done here. I then endeavour to thank individually when someone responds. It is my usual standard practice. If I have at times overlooked to do so it is an exception to the rule.

Cheers,
    Robert

While researching Japanese medical supplies I came across this very interesting and obscure bit of information that I would like to share with you all.

Have any of you wondered why sometimes IJA Iodine would be labelled 沃丁?

沃丁 stands for "Wo Ding" - everyone you know - which is "iodine tincture", it is the phonetic equivalent of ヨードチンキ "tincture of iodine". The Imperial Japanese Army meant the insult to refer to the medic as "a person who isn’t the only one that can apply the tincture of iodine". However to combat experienced soldiers who respected and knew the importance of the medic, the iodine was called "Mr Medic " Eiseihei Dono 衛生兵殿.

I found this piece of information really interesting and think that you will likewise.

Cheers,
    Robert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast