Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IJA Shoulder Boards

Article about: I wanted to share a set of Japanese shoulder boards I received as a gift from a very good friend recently.As I know next to nothing about shoulder boards at all,I was hoping to see some diff

Default IJA Shoulder Boards

I wanted to share a set of Japanese shoulder boards I received as a gift from a very good friend recently.As I know next to nothing about shoulder boards at all,I was hoping to see some different examples (Army and Navy) I believe this set is for the rank of 2ND Lieutenant but would appreciate any additional information or photos. Regards, Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Shoulder Boards   IJA Shoulder Boards  

IJA Shoulder Boards   IJA Shoulder Boards  

IJA Shoulder Boards  

A few more These are very solid with chrome plated backs and have a quite hefty weight to them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Shoulder Boards   IJA Shoulder Boards  

IJA Shoulder Boards  

?

Hi Geoff,
    i saw this post and waited to see some replies, as i know next to nothing about them.
    I think they are very COOL!!!
    It would be fantastic to see a complete display of them as per a post i made recently about an ebay collar tab set that sold recently.
    It's just my opinion, but i would think they are navy issue and perhaps of a higher rank .
    All the gold trim makes me think along the line of a General equivalent...... would love to know more.
    Perhaps Nick could add something to this, i hope some one does!!
    Cheers
    Ern

BTW- i have looked online and couldn't find anything similar at all...... perhaps they are pre-WW2 ??

Saw your post at the WAF, but I no longer post there, sorry. Yes, you've got it right; the boards are for an Army 2nd Lt. Here are the pages from the Army's Master Uniform Regulation Book.

IJA Shoulder Boards  

Thanks Nick,That is why I am Glad you are HERE! Regards,Geoff

?

Those are in beautiful condition. Congrats!
    So is the wooden box they came in the normal packaging used for shoulder boards?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Phil,I don't know what the original factory containers consisted of but I received them in this box.I believe there were "Tin?" containers for such shoulder boards but Like I said I am not really knowledgeable in this area.

Regards, Geoff

I was poking around on line and came across this photo Although the buttons appear different than the ones on my boards, this is the type of "Tin?" I was referring to in my earlier post.Does anyone know what the difference in buttons designates if anything at all? Thanks,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Shoulder Boards  

MAP
    ?

Very nice boards. I have a set of warrant officers. Which are quite plain and simple compared to these.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Geoff Ward View Post
    I was poking around on line and came across this photo Although the buttons appear different than the ones on my boards, this is the type of "Tin?" I was referring to in my earlier post.Does anyone know what the difference in buttons designates if anything at all? Thanks,Geoff
    Those are mine, which were posted here. Evidently the internet has claimed the photos.

Japanese Shoulder Boards

I was also waiting to comment on these, as I have little experience other than what I learned researching mine. Your buttons having the flower on them made me wonder what the difference between yours and mine are. I was secretly suspecting it might have to do with military branch (i.e. navy vs army), but given the replies, I'm not so sure on that. Does anyone know why there were different buttons on these, and what they signify?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast