Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

IJN cap, named?

Article about: Hi everyone, i got this cap awhile ago and i don't know much about Japanese militaria and i was hoping for somone to inform me about this cap, like how much this would cost, what the tag on

Default IJN cap, named?

Hi everyone, i got this cap awhile ago and i don't know much about Japanese militaria and i was hoping for somone to inform me about this cap, like how much this would cost, what the tag on the inside means, if this one is in good condition and how rare these are, any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers, Travis
    IJN cap, named?IJN cap, named?IJN cap, named?IJN cap, named?IJN cap, named?IJN cap, named?

The label is oriented incorrectly. You would have heard from me earlier otherwise. It is named to a volunteer sailor assigned to Sasebo and his personal number was 26946. His name was Koreyoshi Shimonishi and the size 4 cap was reissued to him in Feb. 1945 by the Sasebo Depot. The cap was a reconditioned reissue item.

Do you know the value of one of these caps?

?

As Nick said cap is a late Petty Officers model. It is missing one chinstrap side button & replaced with a navy enamel branch of service cherry blossom used on arm rank insignia. Relatively a common cap.

MAP
    ?

Quote by CanadianTravis View Post
    Do you know the value of one of these caps?
    While we are happy to provide an evaluation for authentication of items, as a general guideline we steer clear of providing valuations. Pricing is subjective, varies by region and condition. Plus as Nick and Jareth pointed out, it's a bit of an amalgamation. Best bet is to look at some online dealers and knock off 30% or so. Check out Griffin Militaria to see if they have some examples currently for sale.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the info