Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

IJN Multimeter?

Article about: HI everyone, ive recently got hold of this..apparently captured at balikpapan by Australian troops..i really need help with translation of this..the only other thing ive seen made by TSK is

Default IJN Multimeter?

HI everyone, ive recently got hold of this..apparently captured at balikpapan by Australian troops..i really need help with translation of this..the only other thing ive seen made by TSK is to do with ww2 diving kit
    IJN Multimeter?IJN Multimeter?IJN Multimeter?IJN Multimeter?IJN Multimeter?IJN Multimeter?IJN Multimeter?IJN Multimeter?IJN Multimeter?IJN Multimeter?

just found a similar item in a Japanese Militaria store...still not sure what it is
    IJN Multimeter?

?

It's definitely multimeter, showa 11 july i think (july 1937)
    Not sure how to tell if IJA or IJN

Yep, multimeter, Ohms, Milliamps, and DC Volts scale. Any leads with it? Has an internal battery (or did, hopefully removed long ago).

No leads Larboard,it should arrive in a couple of days, then i can really check it out...Stegel i was going off the anchor thinking it might be IJN, the 'story' was that it had something to do with submarines, but we all know what stories are like

It can handle anything around equipment, in and out of the water. Check for power (most basic check), continuity (Ω), and small amperage, used less often. Hopefully the battery compartment isn't ruined. I think sometimes old batteries don't leak and destroy things like newer ones, Duracells in particular...

This is for your most basic troubleshooting, why won't it crank, or start, or charge, or why is this light bulb not coming on even though the bulb is good kind of thing, and actually checking the filament of a light bulb if your eyes aren't so good. You can't be without it as a tech.

Very cool piece of gear. Never seen the German equivalent but I imagine they are out there. This is very similar to a US model, although the wooden case is unusual and extra nice but harder to get in cramped quarters. The leather handle and retainers looks surprisingly the as similar era US pieces.