Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

IJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots Pants

Article about: This was the last big pickup from yesterday.... Would REALLY like anyones input on these as it is way out of my area of expertise. Especially translating the mfg labels. Regards, Michael 1)

MAP
    ?

Default IJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots Pants

This was the last big pickup from yesterday....

Would REALLY like anyones input on these as it is way out of my area of expertise. Especially translating the mfg labels.

Regards,

Michael

1) IJN pilots jacket. Summer (??)

- Material is very fine and has a sheen to it. feels almost like a windbreaker.
    - Wood buttons
    - Pilot wings ?
    - Rising Sun armband. Appears to be silk or rayon and is very fragile and cracked.
    - Inside of button flap is lined in purple
    - manufactures label on inside.

Any help? What does the label say?

IJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots Pants

2) IJA flight pants

These look unissued. They are quite large. I know they wore them high up on the waist but unless they stuck the cuffs into the boots and had then fold over (like baseball pants) these would fit someone who is 5' 8" or above.

Some minor discoloration spots on the inside due to aging. Also inside each cuff are some numbers. Probably part of the "pattern" when sewing them.

IJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots PantsIJN Pilots Jacket and IJA Pilots Pants
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Michael-san,

I' m very concern about the IJN pilot top jacket.
    It's a Yokosuka Depot manufactured example. Dated 1945, not sure about the month, size 1.
    Someone added an IJA Wing Badge post war.
    The home defense Rising Sun Arm patch might be a fake one, just to raise up the characteristics.
    Is it silk?

The IJA pants are fine.
    Size 3
    Dated 1944
    Tokyo factory manufactured.

Regards,
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Hi Michael-san,

I' m very concern about the IJN pilot top jacket.
    It's a Yokosuka Depot manufactured example. Dated 1945, not sure about the month, size 1.
    Someone added an IJA Wing Badge post war.
    The home defense Rising Sun Arm patch might be a fake one, just to raise up the characteristics.
    Is it silk?

The IJA pants are fine.
    Size 3
    Dated 1944
    Tokyo factory manufactured.

Regards,
    Taka
    Thanks Taka-San.

Do you mean the arm patch? If so it appears to be silk but very damaged and brittle.

Also do you mean the jacket is fake? Or are you saying
    a) that the jacket is legit but the wings and badge are added later or fake or
    b) the whole jacket is post war fake?

My dealer friend generally has a great eye and of all the things I've bought from him only one (an EK 2nd class) had a mixture of opinions. If its bad he will let me return it.

Thanks for your help!

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Michael-san,

The IJN pilot jacket is war time original, however might need hand on inspection on the arm patch. Is there another sign of patch on the other arm or even at the back? (Thread holes)

You can keep the stuff, but might need to negotiate for lower price, just my opinion.

Regards,
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Hi Michael-san,

The IJN pilot jacket is war time original, however might need hand on inspection on the arm patch. Is there another sign of patch on the other arm or even at the back? (Thread holes)

You can keep the stuff, but might need to negotiate for lower price, just my opinion.

Regards,
    Taka
    whew....I'm ok with an added patch if the jacket is at least original. I see what could be a couple of small holes on the back (no thread left) but nothing on the other sleeve. That said, the arm patch looks really old and the inside stitching is much better than the pilot wings stitching so probably done at a different time. Price wasn't cheap but not too bad either and included the pants. Will go back to my friend.

Thanks!

M

?

Yes, aviation wings ( never worn on flight suits) & arm flag added post war

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jareth View Post
    Yes, aviation wings ( never worn on flight suits) & arm flag added post war
    Thanks Jareth,

Would it be best to remove the wings and / or flag. Or just leave them be.

Regards

Michael

?

I'd leave it as is now. Removing the insignia might leave tiny but visible stitch holes. Some fabrics , such as wool etc, these holes disappear. If anything I'd remove breast wings

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jareth View Post
    I'd leave it as is now. Removing the insignia might leave tiny but visible stitch holes. Some fabrics , such as wool etc, these holes disappear. If anything I'd remove breast wings
    Will leave it all as is then... Fabric appears to be a silk cotton mix and is very thin.