Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

IJN Seamans Cap

Article about: Up late tonight so I thought I would post some photos of an IJN Seaman's cap I picked up recently.I am not sure if the case and the cap belonged to the same individual, but because they came

Default IJN Seamans Cap

Up late tonight so I thought I would post some photos of an IJN Seaman's cap I picked up recently.I am not sure if the case and the cap belonged to the same individual, but because they came together I decided to photograph them together.I am hoping our translation Gurus will be able to help solve "The Donald Duck Mystery" Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN Seamans Cap   IJN Seamans Cap  

IJN Seamans Cap   IJN Seamans Cap  

A few without the Summer cover and photos of the interior Label (note the small elastic chinstrap)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN Seamans Cap   IJN Seamans Cap  

IJN Seamans Cap   IJN Seamans Cap  

Yupper, same feller!

竹内 雄

Takeuchi Takeshi
    [Take-no-Uchi used by some families]

呉徴機 三五 - 四五
    Kure Chō Ki 35 - 45

for 徴兵 Chouhei(Draftee)

for 機関兵 Kikanhei (Engineer)

上機
    Jou-Ki -- I don't know ... it might be an abbreviation of his navy rating. There is a lower-enlisted rank of
    上等水兵 Jōtōsuihei (senior seaman)
    So perhaps this is code for Senior Engineering Seaman?

Deciphering the navy code courtesy of Nick Komiya's most excellent post at WAF.

--Guy

Thank you Guy! Dang it you are fast!! G.

Excellent cap-almost impossible to find these days!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

What an amazing find ! the cap itself is scarce enough and i have never seen one of these together with it's box . Then you have the summer cover also !!! What a trio , well done Geoff and thanks for showing it .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

a great set.

MAP
    ?

Fantastic. I have an unissued Imperial Japanese Navy Machinist School Cap. But have not come across one as nice as yours.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)