Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Imagination Runs Wild - Shin-gunto attributed to "Paratrooper"

Article about: Paratrooper it ain't. It's just one of the several Sarute designs. If an eagle design were a paratrooper's, what about other designs like the clamping hands Sarute, and the floral Sarute? Ca

Hi all, I agree with your reasoning, but if this sarute was available to anyone why is it rarely seen?
    Thanks
    Tom

First I'm telling you the sarute is not a place to display a Mon or badge. You put the Mon on the pommel, like it's always been done.

As to why this sarute is rarely seen, it can be any reason. How about people were not interested in it? The officers didn't choose it. This sarute is a rough casting. It's not well made. No quality in it.

Tom,

I agree with Sporter that there could be several reasons. On top of his examples, one could simply be cultural. There are ideas and images in each culture that carry significant meaning, and others that don't. Of course, another reason for their rarity is if they were made for a small select group of people, oh, for example, paratroopers (Ha!).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4