Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japan original "meat ball" prayers flag?

Article about: Hi, how can i find out if a japanese prayers flag is original??? What about this one?? Thanks

Default Japan original "meat ball" prayers flag?

Hi,

how can i find out if a japanese prayers flag is original???

What about this one??

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japan original "meat ball" prayers flag?   Japan original "meat ball" prayers flag?  

Japan original "meat ball" prayers flag?   Japan original "meat ball" prayers flag?  

Japan original "meat ball" prayers flag?  

Default Re: Japan original "meat ball" prayers flag?

I don't know much about Japanese collectables, but the flag appears to be an original era piece. The writing looks like it's has been added later, much later. Particularly the larger characters in the top right photo. There is no fading at all. The meatball is faded by the lettering does not appear to be. You have to be careful buying these and have some confidence in who you are buying from, or have really studied alot of verified originals so you know what you are looking at. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject will hop on and help you out.

Jay

This one i showed was offered on an auction on the web.

Since i was not sure about its originality, i didn't bid on that.

I would like to purchase a original one...so, if anyone could give me some tips on how to identify a original WWII signature/prayer japanese flag, would be welcome.

Thanks, anyway, Jay.

?

Hi , there are a lot of these being touted around on the auction sites at the moment and buying from a photo is always going to be a gamble as it is with other areas of militaria ! There are sellers based in japan at the moment , and there are teams of four or five individuals putting kanji on to period made blank Hinomaru flags to improve their value , by doing this , to the untrained eye it can seem that many different people have signed the flag , but as in your handwriting , the styles are repeated and i have seen many flags recently that have been signed by the same individuals . Also look for the freshness of the ink as fading will have occured in 70 years . there is no easy way to tell a genuine period example unless you know whom it came from , good luck in your search
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks Al!!!

It would be very difficult to identify the differences on the writing.

To me, they all look alike!!!!

Maybe i should contract a japanese ideogram teacher

(heheheh!!!.... just kidding!!!!)

Regards.

Fábio

?

Could you send a photo of the entire flag without the glass on top? The closeups are very clear but the full photo is blurry, especially when enlarged.

At this point I believe it looks authentic with enough bleeding and fading of the writing. It was presented to a Machida Masao when leaving for military service.

I'm sorry,
    but that flag do not belong to me.
    It was for sale some time ago and i didn't win the auction.
    So, i can't send more pictures, unfortunatly.
    Regards

Fabio

Thse flags are great, they arent expensive and relatively easy to find.
    They are simple and beautiful.
    I have a nice original one without kanjy, as Alan already saw it some time a go.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Good luck in your search. There are many fakes.
    I think a native of Japan, only know if this perfectly written in Japanese
    I also would like to translate my flag.......