Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese Ammo Pouch

Article about: Well thats great news, thank you!

Default Japanese Ammo Pouch

Hello, just got this pouch for £10. it was squashed flat and covered in mould but I have cleaned it up and pressed it back into shape. It is also slightly scorched. Can anyone confirm that this is a Japanese ammo pouch and that it is an authentic piece? I think its fine myself, but as I am not familiar with these pouches I would feel better to have confirmation from this wonderful forum.

Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Ammo Pouch   Japanese Ammo Pouch  

Japanese Ammo Pouch   Japanese Ammo Pouch  

Japanese Ammo Pouch  

?

It certainly looks like a IJA ammo pouch, One of a pair worn on the front of the belt. It looks OK IMO

MAP
    ?

Doug,

It is Japanese. And it is a Type 38 front ammo pouch. GBP10 sounds like a great price. Over here, when I do see them, they are going for much more.

Will leave final opinion to some of the experts here but this looks very similar to some of the fakes out there (although heavily "aged"). I only have a early rear pouch so can't compare directly. There were also a few variations.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thats not what I wanted to hear but thank you anyway. Other opinions would be appreciated.

MAP
    ?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Thats not what I wanted to hear but thank you anyway. Other opinions would be appreciated.
    Please wait for other opinions. As I noted I hope to be wrong. And there are others much well versed than I.

I'm not at home and can't check my reference material. but this looks exactly like a repro sold by IMA. Shouldn't have used the term "fake" in my original post, as these are sold as Reproductions, not originals (i.e. fakes).

Japanese WWII Arisaka Ammunition Pouches & Belt Set WW2 ima-usa.com

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for your help. I'm sure it will indeed turn out to be a fake, so I'm glad I checked! I was sure it was OK.

MAP
    ?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Thanks for your help. I'm sure it will indeed turn out to be a fake, so I'm glad I checked! I was sure it was OK.
    Hey for GBP 10 it wasn't a bad purchase even if it is a Repo.

many of these were cottage industry produced so variations are expected. To me, it appears to be a genuine period piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Yeah I see nothing wrong with it...

MAP
    ?

I happily stand corrected!! Whew.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast