Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Ammo pouch trench art

Article about: I recently was able to get this from the son of an Australian soldier who served in the Pacific then in the BCOF til mid 1946. Im trying to work out if its an ammo pouch, the writing is “Tar

Default Japanese Ammo pouch trench art

I recently was able to get this from the son of an Australian soldier who served in the Pacific then in the BCOF til mid 1946. Im trying to work out if its an ammo pouch, the writing is “Tarakan Commemorative Showa Year 20, Month 9, at Tarakan” (Sept. 1945) ..ive never seen another like it
    Japanese Ammo pouch trench artJapanese Ammo pouch trench artJapanese Ammo pouch trench artJapanese Ammo pouch trench artJapanese Ammo pouch trench artJapanese Ammo pouch trench artJapanese Ammo pouch trench art

ive just found out the pouch is a Dutch East Indies KNIL ammo pouch

?

This is a really interesting piece.
    Lots of pouches and rifles were captured from the KNIL and reissued to local volunteers for the IJN and IJA called "heiho"

?

Not super clear but here is the pouches in use.

?

Sorry for the triple post, having trouble with the forum being buggy tonight. Meant to edit, not reply. Here's another photo of it in use.

The IJN symbol is clearly a uniform button that was added. Really interesting item

?

Ammo pouch used to have a center divider which was cut out & removed. Very neat item! I used to have a large collection of KNIL items such as helmets etc. I still have my (for sale) canteen, two Japanese modified Dutch bayonets as well as cutlass