Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Arisaka bayonet identification?

Article about: Ok so I recently got this Arisaka bayonet - but I am not sure of it's origin. As far as I can tell there are no visible makers marks - so I would very much like some help!

?

Default Japanese Arisaka bayonet identification?

Ok so I recently got this Arisaka bayonet - but I am not sure of it's origin. As far as I can tell there are no visible makers marks - so I would very much like some help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Arisaka bayonet identification?   Japanese Arisaka bayonet identification?  

Japanese Arisaka bayonet identification?   Japanese Arisaka bayonet identification?  

Japanese Arisaka bayonet identification?   Japanese Arisaka bayonet identification?  

MAP
    ?

Odd. Looks like a relic that was cleaned up (or maybe a copy). Lots of pitting which is maybe why there is no visible markings on it. The press stud on both sides has way too gap for it not to be cleaned IMHO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The owner thought it may have been a rougher Chinese made bayonet during the Second Sino-Japanese war?

MAP
    ?

Possibly. When I said copy I should have been more clear. Not a "Repro / Fake" but a local copy.

Lets see what others say

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Ah, right - hopefully someone can shed more light!

MAP
    ?

The poor machining on the pommel supports a copy theory but either way it is still heavily pitted and has been scrubbed. Additionally, I have not seen that diamond rivet pattern.

Let's see what others have to contribute.

?

It'll be interesting to see if anyone has any ideas to add

With the extent of the pitting my thoughts are perhaps a ground dug Item.Attempts to free the mortise button with heavy blows using something, perhaps a hammer looks to be the cause of the deformation of the press stud and is likely the cause of the split on the pommel.as far as the grip plates and rivets I cannot say..

Regardless it is what it is, thanks for showing it.Regards,Geoff

I would say a Japanese Training Bayonet for the multitude of Training Rifles produced by the Japanese...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

I also think trainer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast