Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Japanese Army Dogs

Article about: I love this hobby and I also love dogs so naturally I fell into the groove of collecting photos of Japanese war dogs. Here are some I've come up with but my "holy grail" in this ar

You haven't had enough? Here's the message collar and dog gas mask in use, etc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Army Dogs   Japanese Army Dogs  

Japanese Army Dogs   Japanese Army Dogs  

Here's also something for the other 4 legs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Army Dogs  

There are many people still raise this Japanese German shepherd in China today.They called 狼青(青灰色)(Wolf Gray)in China.
    Japanese Army Dogs
    Japanese Army Dogs
    Japanese Army Dogs

Quote by arisakadogs
    Thanks! Golden Retrievers have become my favorite and I have two of them now. Gunner is almost 13 and Parker is about 3 years old. I have had three others but they are gone now but not forgotten. I once had a German Shepherd (amazingly smart dog) and have had other mixed breed critters and all of them were 'once in a lifetime' dogs. I've been truly blessed when it comes to dogs.
    Concur re Goldens! Mine crossed the Rainbow Bridge 10 years ago. As a kid we had a border collie and later a German shepherd. All were great dogs ... but I sure love my Golden.

--Guy

Cool

Quote by bangbangsan View Post
    There are many people still raise this Japanese German shepherd in China today.They called 狼青(青灰色)(Wolf Gray)in China.
    That's a beautiful dog! Thanks for posting!
    Here is my Gunner guarding the front door
    Last edited by arisakadogs; 12-04-2017 at 01:10 AM.

?

Dog tag for a dog it is real or is a fake? Thanks
    Japanese Army Dogs

The writing is proper, but it only says "military dog", which serves no ID tag purpose. It is as useful as a soldier's tag merely saying "Soldier".

Anyway, clearly it was no ID tag, but used for some other purpose, if original, which I currently doubt.

Just found for you the 1934 Army dog regulations with an illustration of the official tag that goes on the leather dog collar. Note that assigned unit as well as individual numbers were to be stamped in, just like on a soldier's tag.

Now, I am also fairly certain the brass tag above is a total fake, as the wartime designation for military dog was Gunken 軍犬 as shown below and not Gunyouken 軍用犬, as shown on the brass tag, which is more of a postwar term. Whoever paid the 350 Euros for the fake brass tag just got an expensive lesson.
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 06-26-2018 at 01:54 PM.

?

Picture from a book interesting the withe band in the helmet of the soldier and the protective tunic for the dog training

Japanese Army Dogs

Japanese Army Dogs

Japanese Army Dogs

Japanese Army Dogs

Watched this the other day a very good flick based on a true story grab a bit of time to watch it its a good one.
    YouTube

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast